Managed to **** up my Ultima 9300i Prism overclock

Associate
Hi all.

Picked up my Ultima 9300i Prism from Overclockers today. It was clocked at 4.2GHz. I installed/updated all software and now the motherboard utilty tool has whacked the clock down to 3.9GHz!

How do I correct this back to how it was?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
The Asus utility AI Suite did some tweaking....thought I was doing the right thing?

Nope. The AI suite sets it's own overclock which has probably overridden the one set by OcUK.

You should be able to go into the BIOS and select it again. You must remember that the system will have been stress tested at the clocks they advertise so it was a bit silly to fiddle with them. The system is good from go, so the only updates you should do are when there are new graphics drivers etc.

Associate
OP
Understood - I didn't realise that the installation would effect the clock speed. Am I safe to suggest that uninstalling the Asus features would be a good idea or remove from start up?

Associate
OP
Update:

Check BIO's cannot see a way of restoring to Overclockers settings?

Also, ram is showing 1373Mhz not 1600Mhz.

Can someone perhaps guide me through restoring the details or can Overclockers give me the settings?

Cheers

Soldato
Go into the bios and check to see if the OCUK profile is still there.
Did you install the AI suite or did you update it? Either way, should`nt have affected your OC.
Or did you tinker with the settings?

Associate
OP
I installed the Asus disk and then it said to 'Auto Tune' which I clicked thinking it may be a disk cleaner and it changed the frequency.

When you say about checking and restoring the OCUK profile, how on earth do I find this. I can get into the BIOS but beyond that I am stuck?

Soldato
Update:

Check BIO's cannot see a way of restoring to Overclockers settings?

Also, ram is showing 1373Mhz not 1600Mhz.

Can someone perhaps guide me through restoring the details or can Overclockers give me the settings?

Cheers

Go into bios, click Advanced, then click on Tool(top right corner) and then click Asus OC Profiles.

Associate
OP
Fixed - Thank you so much all better now! So far impressed with the computer, booting is a bit slow though (on SSD) up to the windows logo, when drivers load, but after that it doesn't even hit the welcome screen! Not into overclocking (as you can tell) but got an Asus GTX 670 which I have put in it and overclocked around 10% seems to be running stable after 1 hour stress test.

Associate
OP
Here is the system anyway guys:

More details about my computer

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz 7.8 7.8
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB 7.9
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 7.9
Gaming graphics 4095 MB Total available graphics memory 7.9
Primary hard disk 74GB Free (168GB Total) 7.9
Windows 7 Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer System manufacturer
Model System Product Name
Total amount of system memory 16.0 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 633 GB
Disk partition (C:) 74 GB Free (168 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 466 GB Free (466 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Total available graphics memory 4095 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2047 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.17.13.142
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Network Adapter NETGEAR WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter

Associate
OP
Not sure on the RAM side of thing, it was just a system they offered?? I didn't change the RAM but added the GTX 670 myself? I did explain this to overclockers when placing my order over the phone? Seems to run games reasonably well.

Soldato
Why do you have home premium with 20gb of TOTAL memory?
Home premium supports 16gb (recognised)

You have 16GB system RAM and 2GB VRAM.

And Windows Home Premium only supports 16GB inc VRAM.

Therefore you are loosing 2GB RAM

I have seen this mentioned a few times on forums, but it appears it's not correct. The VRAM is completely separate to Windows RAM limitations - so even though I run 3GB of VRAM, I can still use all 16GB of my RAM. This is backed up by the comments on the MSDN page about it: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx and what I can see in my Windows Task Manager as I type this! :)

Soldato
I have seen this mentioned a few times on forums, but it appears it's not correct. The VRAM is completely separate to Windows RAM limitations - so even though I run 3GB of VRAM, I can still use all 16GB of my RAM. This is backed up by the comments on the MSDN page about it: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx and what I can see in my Windows Task Manager as I type this! :)

Yup I have 16gb of avail memory on windows ultimate Vram is not counted.

Back
Top Bottom