Manager has upset wife how should she respond?

Caporegime
God people are so soft nowadays. SO a frustrated manager who has just seen his time and all the people attending wasted got angry and shouted a bit but then calmed down.

Associate
Shouting at staff is not the way. HR is the way she needs to go to put in a grievance.

Shouting isn't acceptable no matter what the situation is. If she lets this one slide he will no doubt continue in the same manner when future issues occur. Get HR involved straight away to put him in his place and he wont be doing that again in a hurry.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Tell her to go to HR and demand some sensitivity training for herself.

No wonder the world is collapsing around us.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Shouting isn't acceptable no matter what the situation is. If she lets this one slide he will no doubt continue in the same manner when future issues occur. Get HR involved straight away to put him in his place and he wont be doing that again in a hurry.

Nothing wrong with shouting at the workplace. She drop a clanger.

People need to start owning up to there failures instead of hiding behind a thin vale of HR.

Soldato
Lack of internal communication; and an honest mistake, does not warrant being shouted at.

What exactly is an honest mistake?
I hate that term.
A dishonest mistake surely isn't a mistake but is deliberate.
There is no such thing as an homest mistake, it is a mistake.

In this case, she made a mistake, but in moving rooms, she has made the mistake. The big room was booked for its features, she moved it without checking. Is her job to organise these rooms? If so moving people around without actually speaking to the person who booked her is neglecting her duties.

She made the error.
The manager is not happy.
Now what, she is unhappy she was shouted at?
Great. no one is hapoy when they are shouted at.
Doesn't fix either issue.

Soldato
Every company should have a grievance procedure whether they have a dedicated HR department or not.

Yes and should the manager bother to counterclaim that a large contract was lost due to the OPs wife's neglicance, then the grievance procudure will result in her being sacked, for gross neglicance.

Great advice.

Caporegime
I think at this stage it really depends on how things are generally run there. If she feels that a polite but firm word with the git will help, then that would my first port of call.

Permabanned
Has anyone suggested getting a new wife yet?

If i had a wife who rung me up because she messed up at work, annoyed the boss who raised his voice at her then THIS is what i'd do. I mean seriously she cry's because someone shouted at her :confused: I'd understand if she felt abit down or annoyed by the situation but... senisitive much :rolleyes:

Soldato
No point in making a fuss, lesson learnt, always check with bookings and no point in making a fuss. She'll get over it.

This. The **** up has been done and now is the time to rectify it.

If she feels the manager has spoken to her wrongly then report it for the way he spoke to her. But if it was just a "WTF you doing!?" then move on.

Soldato
Honestly? Is your wife easily upset/offended? Does she often run to you when someone shouts at her? If so, she needs to grow up and fend for her self.

If she's crying in the office because someone in a superior position had a (rightfully so by the sounds of it) go at her asking her to check next time and not make the same mistake. Then she needs to step down from the job.

Back
Top Bottom