Manchester move

Soldato
You really have to go. Last time i had 19 different portions of meat on top of a bit of meat stew and chicken rice, followed by an attempt to eat ice cream which just didn't happen. We had to get a £50 taxi back (to my parents near wigan) because we could not handle the walk to the station or a train ride for fear of us being sick. It was a good day but a tough evening :D

P.s. MEAT! :D

P.p.s. I think my status is quite fitting :D
I actually have a voucher for cheap Bem Brazil, I'll dig it out.
I normally prefer Cassa Nostra (what was Tropeiro) because I don't think Bem Brazil has enough extra to justify the price difference. When it's discounted though!

edit: it was just for lunch but still a good deal, http://littlevoucherbook.com/manchester_voucher7.html

Soldato
I actually have a voucher for cheap Bem Brazil, I'll dig it out.
I normally prefer Cassa Nostra (what was Tropeiro) because I don't think Bem Brazil has enough extra to justify the price difference. When it's discounted though!

edit: it was just for lunch but still a good deal, http://littlevoucherbook.com/manchester_voucher7.html

I've been there before but it was a looong time ago, i need to go back there.

Ooo thanks! I will have to go for lunch one day :D

Associate
OP
Sorry for lack of response. I've had a mare with the app i'm renting :( So looks like i'm avoiding Canal St!!! Thanks Flare for the lenghty message. Once the app is sorted i can chill and check out some of the places you have all suggested. Cheers bud!!! :)

Soldato
Sorry for lack of response. I've had a mare with the app i'm renting :( So looks like i'm avoiding Canal St!!! Thanks Flare for the lenghty message. Once the app is sorted i can chill and check out some of the places you have all suggested. Cheers bud!!! :)

No worries mate! Where a bouts is your apartment?

Associate
The Black Dog Ballroom Is a new York style bar/pool hall which has a brilliant (but a tad pricey) bar but is the BEST place in Manchester for pizza! Plus it is open until 4am every night and serves food until 1am.

This! I used to work for Apple in the Arndale, and this was the best place to head for post-work drinks. The Bay Horse in the NQ is also pretty good, too.

Soldato
This! I used to work for Apple in the Arndale, and this was the best place to head for post-work drinks. The Bay Horse in the NQ is also pretty good, too.

I think it's brilliant, my friends think it's pricey but they are use to crappy student bars! Ever tried the food there? I had a fish finger butty there for the first time the other week and OH...MY...GOD! They weren't fish fingers but more big chunks of fish perfectly deep fried, better than chippy fish by a country mile! (See what i did the country boy OP??:p ).

Soldato

Don't avoid Canal street, it's actually a good night out with a carnival atmosphere, they tend to keep themselves to themselves, but you'll get propositioned once in a while, they aren't pushy though, they' ll take no for an answer. You have to experienceit at least once in your life!

Deansgate Locks is another pretty decent area too.

I moved away from Manchester about 10 years ago and i miss the place, so much has been developed in that time that when i visit, i hardly recognise it anymore, i do try to get back when i can too.

Associate
I think it's brilliant, my friends think it's pricey but they are use to crappy student bars! Ever tried the food there? I had a fish finger butty there for the first time the other week and OH...MY...GOD! They weren't fish fingers but more big chunks of fish perfectly deep fried, better than chippy fish by a country mile! (See what i did the country boy OP??:p ).

Haha, yeah, the food is ace. It's a winning combination: great location, excellent food, alcohol and pool. You don't need to go anywhere else!

Back
Top Bottom