Manchester United: Frustration

Soldato
I think there's quite a lot of utd fans on these boards so I thought i'd make a seperate thread from the rumours one.

I'm quite simply getting ****** off with utd. I may be speaking too soon but why is fergie such a lazy sod when it comes to transfers. The way things stand we're looking like losing Ronaldo, Van Nistlerooy and there's talk today of Heinze going to Madrid. In all honestly we're not going to sign anyone who can fill any of those players boots.

The situation with Carrick seems to have died down. Rumours have suggested Torres was looking for a house in Manchester yet nothing has come of it. I just can't see us signing anyone of real quality the way things are looking. With a month to go i hope Fergie gets his act together :/

Man of Honour
well I amgetting frustrated I must admit, however ssoemthing has to happen in the next few weeks.

It looks like we are defifently losing Ronaldo / RvN

We need not only to bring in replacements for those two but we are dreadfully short of quality Midfielders and this is an area that needs addressing ASAP.

The more worrying thing to me is that fergie has come out and said the squad is good enough "as is" I'm sorry but it clearly is not. It wasnt good endough last season and the current PL champs have gone and signed 2 of the bes tplayers in there respective positions in the world in Ballack and Shevchenko. Arsenal have signed Rosicky and Liverpool look to be bringing in 3-4 quality players.

Soldato
Before the end of the season I knew we'd be in this situation.

1. Ferguson would be lazy in the transfer market and not wrap up any deals at all before or during the WC.
2. With the signings we desperately need and he can't get, that he would force himself into believing we have a good enough squad already.
3. At some stage he will talk about Scholes and Smith being back and that we have adequate cover in midfield.
4. Sign players we don't need (like a goalkeeper and defender), and loan out good back-up players.
5. Extend contracts for some younger players and boast about it as if he just signed a new player.
6. Not appear to be eager in signing anyone at all.
7. In the event we do sign someone, the price will be inflated just like Ferguson's ego.

:rolleyes: Time for a change me thinks.

Associate
Yea its really annoying to be honest.

Just got 2 new season tickets for the new quadrant near the Stretford End as well!

I don't think he is going to sign anyone, the last time I had this feeling was when Becks and co came through as we released our quality players and brought in youth. I got a feeling we are going to see a small influx of youth such as Jones, Blake, Rossi etc etc

That maybe all good and well for the future but we need to challenge Chelsea now, not in 10 years time :(

When your club does not make any decent signings during the summer it kind of dampens your mood for the coming season.

Tony Soprano said:
Before the end of the season I knew we'd be in this situation.

1. Ferguson would be lazy in the transfer market and not wrap up any deals at all before or during the WC.
2. With the signings we desperately need and he can't get, that he would force himself into believing we have a good enough squad already.
3. At some stage he will talk about Scholes and Smith being back and that we have adequate cover in midfield.
4. Sign players we don't need (like a goalkeeper and defender), and loan out good back-up players.
5. Extend contracts for some younger players and boast about it as if he just signed a new player.
6. Not appear to be eager in signing anyone at all.
7. In the event we do sign someone, the price will be inflated just like Ferguson's ego.

:rolleyes: Time for a change me thinks.

Spot on, thats whats happened!

Last edited:
Associate
bingham67 said:

We don't need a keeper, anyone with half a brain can see our midfield is depleated!

Scholes - Is going blind and is too old
Giggs - Is past his best a long time ago
Smith - Is a forward
O'Shea - Is rubbish, looked good when he first broke through but went down the pan
Ronaldo - is Gone
Keane - has left
Fletcher - Don't get me started on him

The only player in Midfield who is half decent is Park

Last edited:
Soldato
Ripper^ said:
The only person we look close to signing is 4m on a reserve keeper! seems like a waste of money to me. Why we let tim howard out on loan is beyond me
Because Howard isn't that good and Everton don't know that.

I agree though, Man Utd have wasted so much money on poor signings recently. Miller, Saha, Evra, Howard and Ronaldo, although, Ronaldo showed promise he hasn't really come to fruition and Miller's chances were few and far between.

It seems more likely now than ever that Ronaldo and van Nistelrooy are going to leave. For me I don’t really care anymore if Ronaldo goes, especially if someone is willing to pay £22 million for him. I somehow doubt that though.

It also worries me that they havn't signed anybody with some decent potential yet. Carrick is the only really solid transfer that has been mentioned. For me that would be a great signing, but there need to be more coming in of that sort of calibre. I think that Gatusso would be another good signing if they could pull it off.

At the minute though, there just seems to be a lot of speculation rather than action.

Associate
Saha

Rooney

Park Scholes ? ?

Heinze Rio Wes G.Nev

VDS

Smith is injured for the start of the season and im assuming RVN and Ronaldo are as good as gone. Wes will more than likely get injured at some point and Saha is not going to get 20+ goals a season (although i think hes half decent) and again hes likely to get injured.

Our Backup players are hardly breath taking

Last edited:
Soldato
We need 6 players when Ronaldo and RVN leave.

Personally I would love to see us sign:

Gattuso
Riquelme
Ribery
Torres
Hargreaves

Never going to happen though. I have a sneaking suspicion Ferguson is waiting for the scandal in Italy to draw a conclusion and try and sign a few players wanting out. If that's the case, that could be another 3 weeks of no signings, and then disappointment when most of the Italians don't want to leave even if they get relegated.

Next season for me I'd love to see:

--------------------VDS---------------------
---------------------------------------------
-G.Neville------Ferdinand----Brown---Heinze--
-Ribery--------Gattuso----Riquelme-----Park--
-------------------------Rooney-------------
---------------Torres------------------------

Soldato
As this is the United thread :)

Thought I would put a couple of rumours in here. "APPARENTLY" in talks with Juve for.... Ibrahimovic :rolleyes: and Camoranesi :o

Gotta be doing better than that Fergie

Gattuso, for me would be one of the best signings United have pulled off for a long time if it ever happens. Hes got the sort of attitude this team needs right now. And he showed all his ability in the World Cup for Italy where he was definately one of the best players of the whole tournament.

Last edited:
Associate
Gattusso has already said it's his dream to play for United and he's held talks with the club, but Milan haven't been involved yet as the outcome of the trial is due, Pirlo has also been linked with them, depending on the outcome. The possibility of Hargreaves isn't a particularly good one I don't think for Man United but Hargreaves has already said he'd jump at the chance of going to an English Champions League club. I think it's all going to unfold in the next week anyway with the trial results coming out.

Caporegime
riquelme - no chance.
gattuso - unlikely
ribery - hope not
torres - no chance

hargreaves - maybe

i grew frustrated years ago. i dont know how u lot missed it? we have been playing carp football since 2001. (long ball, no guile). i have been complaining ever since - but the complaints fell upon fanboys with deaf ears.

now the &^%$ is hitting the fan and its too late.

Soldato
What was he talking about when he said he had players in mind but they would only be available at the end of the season (i.e not January when he said this)?

Soldato
It was a few months ago when he said that they will bring in two world class players in the summer, that were playing in the CL...obviously these world class players are not interested in moving to the club. From a neutral pov it seems that no one wants to come to united. They would rather go to other clubs

Last edited:
Soldato
If the fallout from SeriaA happens, lets just say that United troubles could potentially be over.
Gatusso & Pirlo would be great for Uniteds midfield.
Kaladze & Cannavaro would be good for Uniteds defence.
Trez or Ibra for Uniteds attack.

Man of Honour
Should Juve be relegated, it wouldn't suprise me to see Fergie make a move for Vieira you know, as he's been a long-time admirer. Whether or not he would go to MU is another matter.

Assuming Ronaldo and RvN leave (I'm not 100% convinced they both will) then my lineup for the start of the season would be something like this:

.............Van der Sar
Neville...Vidic...Ferdinand...Heinze
Park.....O'Shea...Scholes.....Giggs
...........Rossi....Rooney

Foster
Brown
Fletcher
Saha
Silvestre

The lack of options in central midfield is a real worry as players like O'Shea and Smith (when fit) end up being shoe-horned in there out of position.

Soldato
I think the 'squad is good enough as it is' comment could be a smokescreen to try and avoid Chelsea grabbing our targets or pushing prices up. If it's not, Fergie needs yanked before this season, not after it.

Apparently we were being linked with Cannavaro (obviously nothing was learned from the Evra buy) which does not fill me with confidence that SAF understands the deep trouble our MF is in.

Park is a brilliant player, and plays with the heart of a red devil, but much though I rate him, we can't play a 4-1-2 next season with no other midfielders to support him.

We need to buy at the very least Carrick (if we can get him lower than a ridiculous price), Sahin and preferably another midfielder who can either act as playmaker or defensive midfielder. I would love to see us buy Torres as well, but it's not our main priority. I'd rather see Ruud stay and get given first team football again. If we'd snapped up Parker, Lennon and Pedersen think how much stronger our midfield would be right now... :( Gattuso and Riquelme would be fantastic but I really don't see either happening :(

I for one would not want to see Viera at United. He's **** and he's a ****

As others have said Scholes is blind/past it/****. Maybe being blind will account for all the misplaced passes last season, but he should not be seeing first team football next season unless every other midfielder we own dies.

Giggs still has legs enough to come on as a classy substitute, but not to start matches.

I'm totally stoked about next season, as regardless of what happens it'll be Ferguson's last and I'll get to go to my first OT matches :D I've preorded the new season's shirt and I'll be cheering United on regardless of what terrible team Ferguson decides to put out on the first day of the Premiership.

BTW good to be back ;)

Back
Top Bottom