• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mantle Benchmark Thread

Associate
LtMatt have update my post with the results for DX & mantle, nice gain in the avg i would say.

So in the best way i can,

1) use excel if you have it

2) make note about my comments on if you run the overlay from Matt's file or load in game in my results above

Working it out
1) In 3 empty cell's type max avg min to give yourself a heading

2) On column "A" sort the data lowest to highest, the number in cell A2 is your max number, type that under your heading from point 1

3)Sort the data highest to lowest, the number now in A2 is your min number, type that under the heading

4) under the heading for avg type =average(a1:xx) where xx is you need to scroll to the bottom and click the last cell in the frame time section, this will give you your avg number

5)under each of the new numbers you need the following sum =1/(xx/1000) where xx is within that sum it means the number above it. This will give you the FPS for each heading.

Notes

I did have my max number at 880FPS under mantle guess it was a spike so i removed it to stop its effect on the avg. just for ref the lower the frame number the higher the fps,

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, will do the app guys. I can't to the test myself though 'cause I have an Nvidea card :eek:

So if somebody could post one of the CSV files somewhere that I can use as test data.

Associate
Is the file name always "FrameTimeLog001.csv" or can it vary?
I'm thinking it will be best take take the file name as a command line parameter rather than hard code it in to the app.

Also, only 151KB? Was expecting bigger than that. :D

bru

bru

Soldato
Well done Matt for setting this thread up after the issue's with the last one.

Once you have the testing/result listing methodology sorted can we have some 13.12 vs 14.1 directX benches and then mantle ones please so we can see how much improvement is the 14.1 drivers and how much is down to mantle.

Caporegime
OP
Is the file name always "FrameTimeLog001.csv" or can it vary?
I'm thinking it will be best take take the file name as a command line parameter rather than hard code it in to the app.

Also, only 151KB? Was expecting bigger than that. :D

The number at the end changes, that's all. So if you turn it on an off once it will just be FrameTimeLog001.csv. If you turn it on and off twice it will be FrameTimeLog001.csv and a separate file of FrameTimeLog002.csv

Soldato
5040x1050 all low settings single 290 1050mhz and 4670k at 4.6ghz.
using DX I set fps limiter at 115 and had drops into under 100 now and then even though mainly it was at 115fps.
with Mantle I set it at 125fps and stays there more often and lowest is around 117fps.
DX= 115 drops under 100 now and then.
Mantle=125fps more even out and seldom drops to 117fps.

So for my system adding Mantle with eyefunity allowed me 10 more fps and a more stable game experience and smoother play.
By far this allows me to play BF4 with a single card the way I want it.

There is some massive fps drops now and then not often and also some crashes, 8 hour play I crashed 5 times.
I seldom if ever do a benchmark as I rely on observation and gameplay experience and its better with mantle for me.

Mantle is a bit buggy/driver so expect things to improve a lot coming months.

Soldato
Matt is it possible to transfers a save file onto another account? i've completed the Campaign but it seems i've started again at some point, i'm still on Baku but really can't be arsed to get to the benchmark section.

Caporegime
OP
Matt is it possible to transfers a save file onto another account? i've completed the Campaign but it seems i've started again at some point, i'm still on Baku but really can't be arsed to get to the benchmark section.

Not sure. Game saves look like they're kept in with profilee/video settings. You can mine if you like, but it might alter video/audio/keyboard settings as well. Let me know and ill upload if you want.

EDIT

If you've completed the campaign you can just select the mission. Pick easy difficulty and away you go. Will take you 5-10 minutes to fly through the level on easy and get to the benchmark point.

Caporegime
OP
Damn it, ok, going to have to make some Coffee first! lol

If you're gonna do it, do it properly. Hard mode and get all the dog tag collectibles and all the weapons. Actually unlocks some multi player weapons so worth doing tbh.

Wouldn't it be easier to use Star Swarm to benchmark as its a repeatable test which gives an output via a txt file?

We've already got a star swarm benchmark thread though. This is for BF4 and Thief when it comes out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom