Many Problems with X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Associate
Many Problems with X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Help Needed

Hi,

I am having many problems with my X-Fi Xtreme Gamer. I was hoping you could help. I have the latest drivers, and am using Windows Vista Home Premium.

For a start, in the console launcher, when I select 'Channel', it does not recognize the two rear speakers. However, when I play music etc, I can hear music out of the rear two. I assume this is no good, because it is just using the CMSS-3D, so it won't be encoding games properly. Any idea why this is?

Secondly, whenever I try to play anything with my headphones plugged into the speakers, the X-Fi is constantly switching between my 5.1 speakers, and my headphones. When it does this, I get a long pause in the song while the system switches it over. I can disable this by unchecking the 'Automatically switch to headphone settings' in the console launcher, but surely I shouldn't have to load it up everytime and switch. Still, even when I do play with headphones, it constantly tries to switch back to 5.1.

Lastly, I bought an adapter so I could plug my guitar into the flexijack in the back of the soundcard. In whatever setting I use, I can not get it to pick up anything. What is this flexijack used for, because I cannot get it to recognize anything I plug into it! I have tried to plug a mic into it, and still - nothing. I have tried using all the settings - Line-In, Microphone, Auxillery. Still nothing.

When I go into the settings in the console launcher, which items should be checked and unchecked? Microphone/Auxillary/Line-In/Midi Synth/S/PDIF-In ?

For playing my guitar, should I be using the 'Line-In' setting?

This has got me confused and becoming a bit of a nightmare, because I can't do anything with it, not even listen to music!

Any help would be greatly apprecaited,

Simon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom