Marseille to Monaco trip (for the F1 GP)

Soldato
Hi - me and the mrs are going to the Monaco GP this year, flying into Marseille on Thursday 22nd May and coming back on the 27th. We will drive from Marseille to Monaco, mooch around the area and go to the F1 on the Sunday.

I'm looking to get a hire car sorted, has anyone done a similar roadtrip before - looking for things to do along the way and indeed in Monaco when we get there.

Cheers :)

PS any good hire car reccomendations?

Associate
Are you just going for the day? Do you have reserved seating tickets for the GP?

Marseille to Monaco is a bit of a trek and if you have general admission tickets you'll need to be there stupid early to stand a change of getting a decent viewpoint. Quite a few tolls too iirc. A lot of general admission, particularly Secteur Rocher, camp out overnight in the best spots.

When I lest went by car for the GP, from Antibes, it was dead easy to get into to Monaco and park, like I say, stupid early though.

Train might be worth considering, if there is a service given the distance. Every other time I've been to Monaco, just got the train from Nice, very good and quick service.

Back
Top Bottom