Marvel films any good?

Associate
OP
I can get the first few in blu ray from cex so I'll get them and give it a go.

Do they need to be watched in order?

Last edited:
Associate
If you want a massive storyline then it’s worth watching to Endgame in the right order. There are some good and some rubbish, but the last two are epic IMO.

It is about 23 films though I think.

Soldato
If you want a massive storyline then it’s worth watching to Endgame in the right order. There are some good and some rubbish, but the last two are epic IMO.

^ I'd second this. Watch in order and if you enjoy them then you can fit them into a long watch and not mess the overarching story out of whack.

But then I have to watch things in order otherwise I do my own head in.

Associate
^ I'd second this. Watch in order and if you enjoy them then you can fit them into a long watch and not mess the overarching story out of whack.

But then I have to watch things in order otherwise I do my own head in.

Bearing in mind we all had to wait a decade to enjoy the whole thing…

Soldato
Blade/Blade 2/ Captain America: The Winter Soldier/Guardians of the Galaxy/Infinity War/End Game. Don't bother with the rest

Strictly speaking Blade 1 and 2 aren't part of the mcu but they **** over 90% of the others by a large margin.

Maybe add Civil War and Spiderman Homecoming, at a push.

Last edited:
Associate

I saw them all as they came out and I'd agree with watching them in the correct MCU order.

It's going to take you a while!

Soldato
Seen most of them. For me the best of the bunch are the Guardians Of The Galaxy trilogy, the Thor films and the Avengers series.

The Avengers series pulls in plot lines from many of the other films, so it depends how completionist you want to be about it before reaching Avengers End Game. After End Game, I wouldn't bother, everything went swiftly downhill.

Soldato
As highly subjective as this is -

The MCU started strong with Iron Man which was very good (8/10), then dropped a little in quality soon afterwards (5-7/10) until Civil War which was back to Iron Man levels of very good (8/10) and it built from there (with a few 6/10 filler-films) until it peaked with End Game/Infinity Wars (8.5/10) and then - and this is very subjective I know - ever since its dropped off a cliff with extremely low quality films (4-5/10) and too much "Meh" TV content (also 4-5/10) and it hasn't recovered to even 6/10 films yet and maybe never will.

I'm wondering if the addition of the X-Men franchise will be enough to pick the MCU back up in writing quality but, looking at the nightmare that has been filming the new Captain America 4 film (reshot the whole film based on awful test screens of 1st version IIRC) I really just don't see it right now.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I'd agree. That's how far I got before I got bored.

Iron man 1 is pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom