US: Marvels Inhumans

Soldato
Watched the first episode and was less than impressed to the degree of not watching the 2nd straight away. The show seems like a wierd offshoot of some teen angst show like The 100.
I am not a fan of Iwan Rheon acting and hes a main lead, stereotyped into his GOT bad guy style.
Anyone else watched it?

Associate
^ That.

And I say that as somebody who normally gobbles up everything even tangibly related to superheroes. I just worry how much of Agents of Shields budget was given to this crap.

Soldato
I've watched the first 2 episodes but it hasn't grabbed me in any shape or form to keep watching. If it didn't have Marvel slapped on it you could quite easily pass this off as a new Syfy show, it's got the exact same feel to it and not in a good way that Dark Matter had.

Caporegime
My thoughts were hovering on the edge of thinking it is complete crap and having just watched the third episode one bit tipped me over the edge.

They know that Earth doesn't know who they are and they actively and purposefully keep themselves hidden from Earth....yet the red haired woman goes to a cash point on Earth and starts asking it for money and then says something like "I am the queen of adalan, dont you know how i am" etc...

*sigh*

So yeh it is pretty poorly written drivel.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I never bothered with it after the first 2 episodes, I will watch it all at some point though.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Don't think anyone was watching it to complain about it enough !

They gave it a good attempt imo, but with the budget and CGI heavy effect characters such as medusa's CGI endless moving hair they had to drive the story
and re-invent much of the inhuman's ie medusa's shaven hair, kill off the cool looking reptilian guy Triton to save more budget and you have the main character black bolt who can't even speak.

These were epic failures of why inhuman's can't ever work, they were always 1 or 2 episode on fantastic four or spiderman animated series and others I think, usually just swapping out the character's a little bit.

The fans have suggested they work best on say agents of shield where they were originally mentioned, but now that marvel has its character's back like x-men and fantastic four and many other greats they don't need to mention inhuman's ever again.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
fans have started the petitioning already....

Directors mentioned the show was rushed in 20 days for the opener and lacks the feel and quality of a marvel showing, but they did note even Agent Carter and Agents of Shield were canned at one point but disney renewed AoS in end.

Back
Top Bottom