massive air blockage in side rad

Associate
Hi all.

I have redone my loop and I have a big air problem with the side radiator. as soon as i turn off the pc water flows back down the top tube back into the waterblock. I have tried everything, turned the pc upside down sideways etc etc but nothing gets rid off it. Any ideas why its a problem, would the rad be better off in the top off the case, any help appreciated, also I have good idle temps abut high load, here is a pic after a r20 cinebench run, on a custop loop are these temps to high, could the blockage cause it

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If your pump is on maximum and still no joy, I think dismantling is your best option.
Then, outside of the case, I would rebuild it one component at a time and see where your flow reduces.
Time consuming but better than random guess work.
yes mate....all ready decided to start again, oh well gives me something to do during lock down lol

Associate
OP
Tried turning your side rad 180 deg so ports are on the bottom?

Air locks can be a pita but usually overcome by tilting the case in various directions, pinching tube and powering on / off the pump.
yea....been doing that all day, even changed the loop all sorts
just tries again this time just using water and this happened, any ideas what causing this

Associate
OP
well its 1.15am and finally got it sorted, ended up stripping everything down , both blocks cleaned cleaned the radiators cleaned all the fittings and its ran straight away with hardly any bubbles. The was a bit off gunge in the gpu block so I think that was the culprit. Just done a cinebench run and now have these temps

may have an hour gaming now see if the gaming temps are better :)

Back
Top Bottom