Massive data breach at Dixons Carphone (who own PC World)

Caporegime
Where else can you get your premium HDMI cables from? you know the special ones that give you a better picture.

Richer Sounds? I normally rate them and they give sound advice but will still try and sell you one of many £135 hdmi cables or heaven forbid if you want an optical lead, they have a £500 one of them!

Soldato
When you have a shop selling items from kettles to laptops, it's not surprising the staff don't know refresh rates on teles. I mean they must stock 50 different models. That, and they don't give a crap.

Well it's not really that, it's full of part-time college/uni students, or full-time anyone else with barely any qualifications. I had a part-time job there whilst i was at college, and some of the **** that the sales people used to come up with is hilarious. But the majority of this is driven by management, their "claims" that an £80 HDMI cable was miles better than a £5 cable. Not to mention that they're all paid around minimum wage, and with barely any incentives for up-selling. I remember they did have a bonus payment if you were able to sell a Sky subscription, but back then every man and his dog already had Sky.

It's really a classic case of pay peanuts, get monkeys.

If you want an "expert", you'd do better going to one of the manufacturer shops and speaking with someone who only sells the one type of product.

Back
Top Bottom