MasterCase5 MOD: Project TRON

Associate
OP
Absolutely stunning build.

Awesome work mate, truly a work of art. Can't wait to see the final photos of her fired up will be breathtaking I'm sure.

Time you had that well deserved cup of tea and admire the fruits of your labour.

TLDR;

You done real good :D

Best

Wulf

Thanks, I need to cut back on the tea tbh, my other half says im addicted and need help lol
I did attempt to do the update photos this morning but the crappy photo server has been slow as hell, its working now so uploading as I type this but
its taking so long that I will have to split it over 2 days I think :(

Associate
OP
Today I will post what final photos I can, might take me a couple of days due to the slow
server i'm using for the photos..

I do plan to upload a lot of photos but I will try split them best I can.
Really want to show the case under all lighting conditions and with as many options
as possible covered to help answer questions before you even ask :D

There's always someone that asks, but what's it look like in the daylight, what if it gets wet! ??? :D

I know you will have already seen the paintwork if you followed the the log but I have done some extra buffing and a nice wax
polish to protect one of the hardest paint jobs I ever attempted and my first ever proper style airbrush, not perfect but better than I expected tbh :)

So, 1st photo is one I put together with the sponsors listed to show some respect.
stuck mini Tron in there also, cos he's cute.
white Tron is deep within my bike shed but I will dig it our at a later date for full family shoot lol

Main%201_zpskl0fo24p.jpg

DSC_3787a_zpsfzm3lxnt.jpg

DSC_3794a_zpsvziafxfq.jpg

DSC_3801a_zpson32i0f9.jpg

DSC_3796a_zpsgvln5ioc.jpg

Very happy with the internal layout and colour, I had used some other colours and tube directions but went with this one for a couple of reasons I
will go over when I post the older photos (test shots)

MINI and big Tron..
(very low light)

DSC_3919b_zpsqsq9nx2k.jpg

DSC_3924a_zpszp7kd6sy.jpg

(LED kitchen lighting on)
I will mention the lighting now and then so you better understand how the case lighting and paintwork are reacting under them conditions.
Hope this will be useful to some of you.

DSC_3832a_zps3l46eoyw.jpg

DSC_3833a_zpscnxy7onl.jpg

DSC_3932a_zpsbcdcrhk5.jpg

DSC_3916a_zps4wf8hray.jpg

The front disc is removable, should be some photos up later showing with and without the disc.

DSC_3839a_zpsziwwdtyf.jpg

Reflection looks better than real life :O
thanks to the spot lights messing with my hand..

DSC_3908_zpshfzy8fyp.jpg

Like the sides, the front is also removable.

DSC_3934_zpsty5m3o44.jpg

DSC_3935a_zpslsa3dftc.jpg

DSC_3938_zpsvcgbeupt.jpg

Soldato
That's come together really nicely. Photos showing off the features are good too...You just don't notice them in the whole pic as they don't jump out at you. I mean that in a good way, just failing to phrase it well. Things like the rings round the res and pump look great but they look like they're supposed to be there rather that standing out as bolted on.

Associate
OP
Awesome, love it. :)

Thank you mate ;)

That's come together really nicely. Photos showing off the features are good too...You just don't notice them in the whole pic as they
don't jump out at you. I mean that in a good way, just failing to phrase it well. Things like the rings round the res and pump look great but they look like they're
supposed to be there rather that standing out as bolted on.

Thanks! If not for the tron them I might have gone a little OTP but because Tron has always been a very slick and clean it's kept me on the same track :D
On the inside the res and pump are my favourite bit also, I will add some photos soon showing the other colour water I had at the start, photos might be a bit
crap though as I just took quick ones with my phone to see how it looked compared to the other shades.

What an awesome and totally unique build, well done :)

Thanks Mikey, I try my best to be unique so glad you think so :D

Very striking mate, makes me want to touch my sexy place :eek:

Best

Wulf :D

lol thanks, & best thing for a long life so im told, so you should be good to go for YEARS! ;)

Associate
OP
Got some more photos incoming, closeup of the outside, inside and a couple of colours I ran though with the internal RGB lighting so you can see how it effects the water and tap.

Not all of the photos will have the EL tape lighting on and some photos are daylight, room light, direct light and no light.

DSC_3855_zpsrtrq4fos.jpg

DSC_3859a_zps0brlm9nq.jpg

DSC_3899a_zpsyndrn0dk.jpg

DSC_3905a_zpsrgsws8pz.jpg

DSC_3906a_zpsmsktsy54.jpg

DSC_3929a_zpsxzltdprn.jpg

DSC_3933a_zpsflw2g8ox.jpg

DSC_3947a_zpsgvan5mjf.jpg

DSC_3860a_zpssibfvlct.jpg

Associate
OP
More shots of the inside, couple of the colour modes along with some shots without the RGB lighting on.
Purple looks very nice I think.

DSC_3777a_zpscox5faqy.jpg

DSC_3780df_zps5pqfgh8v.jpg

DSC_3784a_zpsnpl4mard.jpg

DSC_3797a_zpsrmbmupbu.jpg

Colour%20mix_zpsmgrdidjc.jpg

DSC_3798da_zpsq9p6bm6y.jpg

DSC_3813a_zps1usfkgzd.jpg

DSC_3814a_zpspixsxv6y.jpg

Associate
Daaaaaaaaaamn, that really is a work of art! 11/10 mate, looks stunning :)

Can I just ask where you get your EL lights from? Got some small cheapo panels from the Bay but need a good one to do the entire floor of the case... Cheers.

Oh yes, and if the build proper gets 11/10, can I give the lil fella a 12/10? Epic :D

Edit: Excuse my idiocy, just seen EL Panel and Tape is a UK company selling just that, custom EL panels... D'OH!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Daaaaaaaaaamn, that really is a work of art! 11/10 mate, looks stunning :)

Can I just ask where you get your EL lights from? Got some small cheapo panels from the Bay but need a good one to do the entire floor of the case... Cheers.

Oh yes, and if the build proper gets 11/10, can I give the lil fella a 12/10? Epic :D

Edit: Excuse my idiocy, just seen EL Panel and Tape is a UK company selling just that, custom EL panels... D'OH!

Yes that's the one, great guy there called Dave, you will see the difference to the china stuff immediately.
What I did was order from 6 or more sellers on evilbay and tested the bits out, the ELwire&tape guys also sell on there and I got a small selection before giving them a call to let them know they can sponsor me lol

And thanks mate, im happy with anything past a 5/10 :D

Associate
OP
Ok final post unless something new pops up to report back on :)
Although I do have a total of 200+ photos if anyone want to see them I might add to FB later..

The day shots, some randoms and finishing of with EL wire only lighting in the dark.

DSC_3963a_zps3iwvtq4t.jpg

DSC_3965_zps2o4tqtf5.jpg

DSC_3967a_zpsfjobill3.jpg

DSC_3962_zpsw8jocnsi.jpg

DSC_3951a_zpsovy0ota0.jpg

DSC_3927_zps5f1qwz5c.jpg

Should have used some more EL tape for this bottom cover for a more even light, very tight space behind as I have some extra bits in there to make flushing the system a bit more easy.

DSC_3915_zpsu0l9owtq.jpg

DSC_3897_zpssyxl84ym.jpg

DSC_3894a_zpslduygcdl.jpg

DSC_3890_zps4m30ukgi.jpg

DSC_3884a_zpso42vxosz.jpg

DSC_3874a_zpsnrez2vcw.jpg

DSC_3870a_zpscqms0lze.jpg

DSC_3868a_zps5lpdzgpp.jpg

DSC_3867a_zpssksasy44.jpg

DSC_3865a_zpsuk8n9l1i.jpg

DSC_3873a_zpsrr5mh0qx.jpg

Been a great build to work on, the case was a perfect fit for the Tron theme and I hope everyone likes what I did with the case and parts.
when I get a chance I will grab the white tron from the shed and get that group shot :)

For now though I'm done, thanks for all the comments and feel free to let me know if I missed anything out or you have something you want to ask.

Until the next time :)

Rob (Megadeblow) Deluce.

Associate
OP
You should get this featured in Custom PC magazine.

The feature they do near the back called "Meet thy maker" article all about a custom built pc and the guy that made it.

Best

Wulf

Thanks again mate, yeah was in that last years April edition with the desk build :D

This is insane. How many hours of work have gone into it? Cause they sure are worth it.

Thank you, I have no idea, need to start keeping count lol
spent a lot of time looking at it, planning the layout and so on :D

Absolutely stunning. Look forward to your next project.

Thanks, not 100% there will be a next one anytime soon, been really busy with work and things so getting hard to find time now, especially with my kids getting even more demanding and energy sucking.
Think the next thing when I get chance will be a desk upgrade, oh and I have some sculptures and bits to finish off.

Associate
OP
As promised, all 3 tron projects together.

DSC_4014_zpsgszrrpaz.jpg

Video also now uploaded, just a short one.

Big Thanks to all that have taken time to comment on my project log btw :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom