Mastodons New album!

Associate
Has anyone else picked up Blood mountain by Mastodon, and if so what are your thoughts?

I'm not the biggest fan of pure metal or anything harder but I after hearing some people rave on about leviathan I decided to buy it awhile back and after a few listens was astounded and in the last few months I've gradually opened up to listen to much heavier music than I used to.

Anyway, I got Blood Mountain yesterday and I've had it on constant loop since. In my opinion its very different to leviathan as in its not straight down the line metal. Blood Mountain seems to verge on a lot more genres, there are some extremely mellow bits followed by just an outburst of pure riffage and howling!! Its all very unpredicatable, which i think is great. The album also boosts some impressive guest appearances and for you music puritans has got some great reviews to boot(even pitchfork)

Well, if anyone is interested in bands like Tool, The Mars volta, Isis etc but have never really explored the metal format (although the bands I listed could I suppose be described by some as "metal") I fully urge you to go and get a copy!

Back
Top Bottom