The Matrix 4

Soldato
They're a bit like JJ Abrams. Very good directors but plainly need someone to hold their hand on script. Jupiter Ascending is a beautifully made film but the plot and structure are weak. Same with the Matrix sequels beautifully made, good action sequences but someone with a better touch was required to plot and script them.

Soldato
The first was excellent. The second wasn't as good as the first from a plot line perspective, but raised the bar for action and entertainment.

The third was the worst of the three. It was good but never lived up to the first and second.

Excited to hear there will be a fourth!

Caporegime
I get a feeling they are doing this because their career has gone a bit south since then. When was the last good movie they had done? Cloud Atlas, that was 7 years ago. I guess if people no longer come to you with good scripts, you write something yourself and the Matrix will always get people’s attention.

Soldato
I get a feeling they are doing this because their career has gone a bit south since then. When was the last good movie they had done? Cloud Atlas, that was 7 years ago. I guess if people no longer come to you with good scripts, you write something yourself and the Matrix will always get people’s attention.

They've been busy with Sense 8 the last few years.

Soldato
They're a bit like JJ Abrams. Very good directors but plainly need someone to hold their hand on script. Jupiter Ascending is a beautifully made film but the plot and structure are weak. Same with the Matrix sequels beautifully made, good action sequences but someone with a better touch was required to plot and script them.

I think you're bang on there. Visually, they can create some superb stuff, but they need help with turning their ideas into something that makes a good film. Jupiter Ascending was wonderful to look at, but as a film, it was terrible.

Maybe with some input from other people, Matrix 4 could be decent. Just left the Wachowski's own devices, and I wouldn't have much hope of anything better than average.

what is everyones problem with the 2 sequels ?

I enjoyed them both

Too convoluted. First film was simple. Really, it should have ended at the end of the first film; at least that's the way I feel about it. But hell, this is Hollywood and sequels were inevitable.

Nitefly hit the nail on the head when he put, 'the first film left you in a sense of awe of the possibilities'.

The Wachowshi's decided, rather than let people imagine what could happen next, they would show them. The trouble with that is, for many people, what they did didn't live up to what people imagined. I know it didn't for me. After seeing Reloaded, I was left disappointed. I did come to like Reloaded, but Revolutions was mostly pants. I still like to watch The Matrix and I still think it's a fantastic film, but I've given up watching the sequels.

Soldato
I'll still get excited for this but it will be really difficult for it to live up to the original.

While I did somewhat enjoy the 2 sequels, I personally felt the first film ended perfectly and didn't need a follow up. The sequels tarnished that a little and were far too philosophical.

Last edited:
Soldato
The first film left you in a sense of awe of the possibilities.

The second and third film close that all down and give you a linear ‘this is what happened’, similar in a way to the most recent Star Wars movies.

In addition, they were both cheesy, style over substance affairs, Keane Reeves was incredibly wooden and the Mr. Anderson plot line was silly

I did quite like the idea that the matrix wouldn’t work unless there was a human resistance, that the robots had defeated multiple times. That got drowned out though by the negatives.

So do people think that they should have not ended things ?
Left it open ended like the 1st one ?

Don't get me wrong i LOVED the first film but
I think you're bang on there. Visually, they can create some superb stuff, but they need help with turning their ideas into something that makes a good film. Jupiter Ascending was wonderful to look at, but as a film, it was terrible.

Maybe with some input from other people, Matrix 4 could be decent. Just left the Wachowski's own devices, and I wouldn't have much hope of anything better than average.

Too convoluted. First film was simple. Really, it should have ended at the end of the first film; at least that's the way I feel about it. But hell, this is Hollywood and sequels were inevitable.

Nitefly hit the nail on the head when he put, 'the first film left you in a sense of awe of the possibilities'.

The Wachowshi's decided, rather than let people imagine what could happen next, they would show them. The trouble with that is, for many people, what they did didn't live up to what people imagined. I know it didn't for me. After seeing Reloaded, I was left disappointed. I did come to like Reloaded, but Revolutions was mostly pants. I still like to watch The Matrix and I still think it's a fantastic film, but I've given up watching the sequels.

I think I'll have to give the trilogy a rewatch to see how they have aged and how my opinion of them has changed, I haven't seen any of them for a few years now.

Soldato
They should have left the matrix alone after the first one. The sequels were just awful, especially the third film.

I'm sick of seeing great films milked with a slew of awful sequels and spin offs :( I'm looking at you Aliens, Terminator, Predator and Star Wars.

Soldato
It had to happen Keanu Reeves is a massive bankable star at the moment so its understandable they want to cash in. I am glad they made sequels to Matrix as I hated the ending being left there not knowing what would happen next I wasnt too keen on 2 but I liked the 3rd apart from the music orgy in the cavern bit.

Thing is Matrix Revolutions is Neo dead - at the end it suggests so at least phsyically. In any case Revolutions tied it up nicely at the end did it need extending to a 4th ?

Carrie-Ann Moss looks really old now (Jessica Jones) and I cant see her doing the same type of fighting so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Question overall did it really need a 4th.

V F

V F

Soldato
It had to happen Keanu Reeves is a massive bankable star at the moment so its understandable they want to cash in. I am glad they made sequels to Matrix as I hated the ending being left there not knowing what would happen next I wasnt too keen on 2 but I liked the 3rd apart from the music orgy in the cavern bit.

Thing is Matrix Revolutions is Neo dead - at the end it suggests so at least phsyically. In any case Revolutions tied it up nicely at the end did it need extending to a 4th ?

Carrie-Ann Moss looks really old now (Jessica Jones) and I cant see her doing the same type of fighting so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Question overall did it really need a 4th.

Damn, the hair she had in the 90s... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...CBAQAQ&biw=1024&bih=1264#imgrc=foses81GVMX4uM

Soldato
The woman having the virtual orgasm was about the best bit in that film

It's a point of contention whether it was an orgasm or bad wind. Honestly, it is, there are some long discussions online about it :D

Watch the scene two times, each time imagine either scenario, they both play out.

However when Merovingian comes back from the toilet, the comment about lipstick on his dipstick puts the discussion to bed.

Soldato
Matrix 4 my dream has come true, can't wait for this!

Still remember watching the first in the cinema and just thought 'WOW!'

Not many films have that effect.

Lost count how many times I've watched it since.

The other 2 films not so good, but glad it's a continuation and not a reboot (thread title really needs changing to avoid confusion!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom