mATX boards

Soldato
It's hard to spec you a board when you don't tell us what you're using it for. Overclocking at all?

Also, what socket? LGA775? 939? AM2? 754? Do you need C2D support?

Associate
OP
yeah sorry about the lack of details... AM2 socket and no I wont be overclocking as i understand that the am2 chip does not overclock very well but i don't mind. I had this board in mind (MSI K9AGM3) but it does not seem to available anywhere.

Soldato
Stranjah said:
Thx for the post but thats a Nvida chipset based board :D
7050 is marginally better than 690G though (can't get used to calling an ATi chipset an AMD yet, just assumed that you meant for AMD CPU :o ).
AM2 CPU doesn't overclock badly - a lot of people get 3.0GHz.

Soldato
do you allready have the am2 chip or are you going to purchase one?
if your going to purchase one i would suggest buying a e2140/60 and a ga-g33m-s2 absoloutly no good for overclocking as there still needs bios tweaking to sort out the dividers but the ds2r has allready had a bios release to sort the problem so should be one for this boared 2.
but oc'ing aside its a cracking g33 boared sata/7.1 very stable and reasonably priced aswellc2d seems a better choice allround if you can get it plus this boared has support for the upcoming 45nm chip so allways room to upgrade later on.
im currently running one in my rig rock solid.

Soldato
Well it's a pity you want ATi chipset as the Abit nFM2-nView is an awesome board, fully featured and a great overclocker.

Either way, i'm a little unsure about availability of mATX AM2 boards, there don't seem to be a lot of different models available.

Like Damian said, if you haven't bought the processor yet, i'd pick up an Intel Core 2 processor instead. :)

Back
Top Bottom