• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

maxon forcing WIN store on users

Associate
OP
I don’t really see the big deal here. It’s their software, so they get to decide where and how it’s distributed. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. There are plenty of other benchmarking applications out there.

Its along the lines of , it was out in the wild and has since been revoked via the hammer. its never been an issue up untill now with older versions of their software. I just dont understand why its been handled this way ... oh wait a fat boat of cash. Its not for you fair enough, but it is to many a consumer out there.

Associate
OP
I downloaded it via the windows store link, cannot recall any issues, what have I done wrong? If it gets them a bit in donations for software development, I do not see an issue unless everyone expects all software utilities to be free at the point of need.;)

There are other ways to go about it , but forcing a store onto users is not the best way to go about it, one only has to look at the metro debacle , if its ease of use fair enough , but historcily allowing portable versions then all of a sudden not giving users a choice is where the issue lies.

Associate
OP
What's so terrible about the MS store btw?

For myself , bloatware and the movement away from standard win32 applications. UWP is a controlled application package with microsoft implementing there own DRM and control. whilst personally i think it fine for Xbox unification and the mobile space , it has been proven to encroach on everything enthusiasts love and use windows for. Its excellent for cross platform tittles such as Forza as it helps development and bring across tittles that wouldnt have normally been on the PC, it has also been proven in this regard to be another way of controlling software managment and introduces another way of microsoft generating revenue. But having said that, HALO coming to steam indicates microsofts willingness to offer choice. With maxon siding with a one store policy before the Uturn it had taken away choice .

Windows store isnt inherintly bad. But with microsofts constant battle to control software it is them we do not trust not inherintly UWP. unfrotunatly because of there OG stance on the Xbox one , and with developers pushing the store without other choice it reinforces the nature of the beast. I will not use the store incase of the position of market dominance and therefor anti consumer practices being brought more and more without U-Turns or consumer confidence.

Back
Top Bottom