• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

maxon forcing WIN store on users

Associate
I don’t really see the big deal here. It’s their software, so they get to decide where and how it’s distributed. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. There are plenty of other benchmarking applications out there.

Associate
OP
I don’t really see the big deal here. It’s their software, so they get to decide where and how it’s distributed. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. There are plenty of other benchmarking applications out there.

Its along the lines of , it was out in the wild and has since been revoked via the hammer. its never been an issue up untill now with older versions of their software. I just dont understand why its been handled this way ... oh wait a fat boat of cash. Its not for you fair enough, but it is to many a consumer out there.

Associate
Its along the lines of , it was out in the wild and has since been revoked via the hammer. its never been an issue up untill now with older versions of their software. I just dont understand why its been handled this way ... oh wait a fat boat of cash. Its not for you fair enough, but it is to many a consumer out there.

I don't know if they were paid off by Microsoft but as I understand it, they asked for it to be taken down because Guru3D modified and re-hosted the software without their permission. At the end of the day, it's still a free download so it just seems like a big fuss over nothing.

Soldato
Annoying but not a big deal. Software is still free for end users, Maxon gets money from MS they likely would not have and us end users only need to jump through another simple step.

Soldato
You've said it your self , another step. simple or not ... i dont use the store , and many others do not

So don’t use the software or ask someone to provide a file dump. Quiet simple really. This is there software and it’s still free. They were not going to get money from you regardless on prior versions. This way they get some money (well one can assume) some people use MS store, for those up in arms will find a file dump as some on this forum have done. Not really like people massively use this software outside of some benchmark runs and maby a stability test now and then.

Soldato
I downloaded it via the windows store link, cannot recall any issues, what have I done wrong? If it gets them a bit in donations for software development, I do not see an issue unless everyone expects all software utilities to be free at the point of need.;)

Associate
OP
I downloaded it via the windows store link, cannot recall any issues, what have I done wrong? If it gets them a bit in donations for software development, I do not see an issue unless everyone expects all software utilities to be free at the point of need.;)

There are other ways to go about it , but forcing a store onto users is not the best way to go about it, one only has to look at the metro debacle , if its ease of use fair enough , but historcily allowing portable versions then all of a sudden not giving users a choice is where the issue lies.

Back
Top Bottom