** MAYHEMS AURORA - Pearlescent Watercooling Fluids **

Soldato
Ok yeh you explained the pearl protective coating...

I have my laing DDC on 60% power, will that prolong the fluids life at all?

Associate
Pumps need to be on full power to move the liquids about, having on low power will make no diffrenace to the life of the liquids. You still need them on full power to move them about.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Ok yeh you explained the pearl protective coating...

I have my laing DDC on 60% power, will that prolong the fluids life at all?

running a ddc on 100% shouldn't make any noise on a proper vibration dampener

Soldato
We do not recommend you use the liquids longer than 6 months.

It will not impact on any of you hardware if there is no problem. I have been testing on nickel plated products with no problems what so ever . How ever if there is some sort of defect there all ready on the hardware this liquid will not help in anyway.

The liquid viscosity will not effect pumps or ware down your pumps any quicker than normal use as we have kept the viscosity low. We could have increased this but it would have meant that it would have put extra pressure on your hardware.

The more hardware you have in the loop will all so effect the life of the liquid. So say its just running on a normal single CPU or single GPU loop six months is the recommended running time. If running on a Complete loop were there is CPU and GPU this life of the liquid goes down a little and if running on CPU, GPU, GPU again it will go down more.

This is because there is some slight protection on the Pearl and this wares off as it is used over time. The reason why we say for show's and modding is just that reason. This liquid was developed to show case hardware and total bling factor.

This is the first ever liquid created for this purpose.

All depends on how much you're putting it through. The lack of definitive answer though is a little worrying but they've said time and time again that it's not for normal usage.

Soldato
I also imagine that with this stuff when he says change after 6 months he also means that the loop has to be completely flushed clean, i.e. either a total strip down or a pumped flush into a bucket. I would have thought that if you simply drain via a drain line there wouldn't be enough flow to take the pearl with it, so it will stay settled in the rad or wherever it is, and if you didn't get that out you be having double the amount of pearl particles in the fluid if you simply added fresh fluid. Don't know if that in itself would be a problem, but you would be mixing "pulverised" pearl with new pearl if you didn't completely flush.

Associate
I also imagine that with this stuff when he says change after 6 months he also means that the loop has to be completely flushed clean, i.e. either a total strip down or a pumped flush into a bucket. I would have thought that if you simply drain via a drain line there wouldn't be enough flow to take the pearl with it, so it will stay settled in the rad or wherever it is, and if you didn't get that out you be having double the amount of pearl particles in the fluid if you simply added fresh fluid. Don't know if that in itself would be a problem, but you would be mixing "pulverised" pearl with new pearl if you didn't completely flush.

to be honest no it doesn't need a total strip down just a flush. Pull 1 Pipe off rad, connect hose pipe (from tap) to rad, flush though for 10 to 15 min and its all gone then rinse with DI water then add new fluids.

And asking us to give you definitive answers mean 1st i pull every thing from market, then i buy every peace of equipment on the market, then i spent 10 years testing it all which by that time means all the equipment will be out of date, then i charge you all £100 a bottle for the amount of time ive spent testing it all out to give you all the perfect answer.

There are all sorts of variables to consider when testing from high heat to low heat, from pump over head pressure to restrictions in blocks to so many other factors. I think by producing a wiki we can test as much as possible and help as much as we can. When we get feed back from users we can then all so add this to the wiki and expand it more.

Last edited:
Associate
Just going under test today.

Koolance RP-402X2 (rev 2.1) - left side normal , right side has that new bleed pipe fitted.

I will be testing with and with out bleed pipe. (the tiny hole in the outlet port on the bleed pipe has me worried a little bit)

dscf8880d.jpg

With bleed pipe fitted

Associate
Its a pipe you stab into your arm and bleed all over.

Its a pipe you put i the right hand section of the res to help it bleed air out of the system.

Soldato
Its a pipe you stab into your arm and bleed all over.

Its a pipe you put i the right hand section of the res to help it bleed air out of the system.

Lol - nothing wrong with your sense of humour - must admit I was not sure where it went, but I know now ;);)

Mark

Soldato
I don't see how any amount of antivibration mounting could silence a laing at 100% vs 60%, it's simple motor/impeller whirr to my ears!

my pc is pretty damn stealth atm, most of the time my GT's aren'te even spinning!

bah i'm gonna wait for some real world reports

Last edited:
Associate
Yes it working fine. i just haven't finished testing yet but so far no problems. it takes me a few months to pass some thing unless some one confirms it.

Back
Top Bottom