McDonald's and sheeple

I don't think this is specifically covid related, so I popped it in GD.

So the Golden Arches reopened a few dozen of their drive-thru branches today. The queues for some of these reached 1 hour! Yes I love my burger and chips as much as the next person, but what's the point in this?

Being a bit of a themepark nut too, there is no way I would queue for an hour even to go on Nemesis or Oblivion. I pick a week day during term time so that the kids are in school. Waiting for a couple of weeks does no harm. So I don't understand the sheep mentality that everyone have to go back to McD on day 1? Can they not wait for a week. If they want a burger fix in the meantime, just use Just-Eat and get it delivered within an hour? Then you can spend that 1 hour watching YouTube or doing something productive instead of being sat in a car (some cars without aircon).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52746790

Make sure you watch the 2 short videos, especially the 2nd one!

Soldato
OP
the hype controls us all... lol ...
me i prefer a burger on a charcoal grill or a chicken on a smoker ... but they have to get there sugar fix ...

Yeah I think a lot of it is the hype, the so-called "Project Fear". For example, the press running the story that paracetamol is better at treating covid than ibuprofen, so everyone went and panic-buy paracetamol boxes, stripping the shelves bare for weeks but there were still plenty of ibuprofen boxes kicking about.

Soldato
OP
But we are... and with good reason - Burger King is vastly superior to McDonalds in alsmot every way!!!!!!!

Only thing McD's do better is the breakfasts.... and yet, to help her cravings during the lockdown, I had the wife buy in some muffins, sausage, bacon, eggs and cheese, and just chucked together a set of 'McMuffins' for her. She's now pretty much sworn off McD's because even the supermarket version is so much better.

Granted McDonald's now do bacon-cheese burgers, but Burger King was already there years before McD and theirs are superior imo. I agree with you on BK but also agree with McD's having the better breakfast menu. Double bacon-egg McMuffin all the way for me! Once Uber Eats gets going again with McD, I'll happily take deliveries. Just wouldn't consider waiting up to an hour for a drive-thru and they're not doing breakfasts yet anyway.

Starbucks opened up on trafford park, 2 hour wait. . . i honesty cannot understand it :confused:

Jesus wept! :eek:

Soldato
OP
^^ iPad / iPhone users is a good example but I wasn't having a go at them. I was taking a swipe at the fact that some people are more docile and perhaps a bit gullible. It's a mindset where they more easily conform to the press/establishment e.g. the paracetamol / pasta panic buying pre-lockdown, and also big corporations e.g. the recent reopening of McD and KFC. The slang word derives from herd behaviour. The opposite of this is people avoiding these situations, like me going to a themepark when it's less busy. The disadvantage of this, using the panic buying example again, is that when I was doing my normal scheduled shopping pre-lockdown, a lot of items were missing because most shoppers zerg rushed in before me and the other shoppers.

Back
Top Bottom