McDonald’s general discussion

Soldato
Thread for McDonald’s chat.

Prompted by my local McD’s being pretty rubbish. It now takes at least 5 - 10 minutes to get through the drive through, regardless of what time of day it is.

Similarly, nearly every time I go they ask me to pull up to the second food window or park in the car park to get my food as they take so long to prepare it. Problem is the car park has about 30 spaces and is almost always full.

Thanks for listening to my rant. :D

Soldato
OP
At least you know your food is probably being prepped fresh (for McDonald’s standards)
Yes, it’s true that it is usually warm at least. I can remember the lukewarm lottery when they used to just cook loads of stuff up and place it on the rack. It does also cut down waste.

Did still end up with a slightly stale bun tonight.

Soldato
OP
I was the only person in a McDonalds about 6am, standing at the counter and when my order was ready the woman behind the till just stared straight ahead and shouted 'order number 4' :p That and the mad looking baby/booster chairs and the flashing tablets etc at the tables made it a bit of a surreal experience!
You should have pretended it wasn’t your order. :D

Soldato
OP
McD’s (and BK and KFC) are pretty expensive these days. Paid £6.90 for a McD’s the other day and £8 for a BK, £8.50 for KFC in the last few weeks.

Soldato
OP
Really don't rate burger king anymore. Their burgers used to be decent but now are just overpriced and undersized.
I still like a Chicken Royale every now and again. Had one today but it was £8 for the meal!

And they don't maintain their Coke Freestyle machines properly so one was out of Diet Coke and the other one it was flat!!

Soldato
OP
Both are burgers.
Ones just terribly over priced.
Are you a smoker? Taste buds knackered?

Only point I agree on is Five Guys drinks are dreadfully overpriced.

Now McD’s and BK meals are closer to £8 the price difference isn’t as big a factor. If they were closer to £4/£5 there would be a bigger decision to make.

Also for me Five Guys quality is consistent, McD’s sometimes you can have a nice one other times it will be garbage.

Soldato
OP
Gonna get hate here - i have only ever had one Big Mac! Too much bread for me. My go to is the Whopper with cheese.

Hungry now :(
I don’t usually get them. I find they fall apart, maybe due to the middle bit of bread. Bite one side and all the lettuce and stuff falls out the other side.

Back
Top Bottom