MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
OP
Disney have spent a lot money on buying up the competition and their now at a point where they have too much IP on their hands which they can't effectively monetise due to oversaturation yet the content they do put has been underwhelming to poor. Add in price gouging at it's theme parks, getting involved in a very public dispute with local politicians and a run of box office disasters like Lightyear, The Little Mermaid, Strange World and the recent instalment of Indiana Jones you have to wonder why shareholders haven't revolved and booted out Bob Iger (perhaps Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny will he straw that breaks to camels back).
They did. The attempted takeover was smashed before it even got going.

They got the other Bob in as CEO and the first thing he said he wanted to make Disney less political. Couple weeks later Disney launched the famous video about supporting LGBQRSTPTQ5551 the teams call one. Then he was sacked a few months later. He was utterly powerless.

They made an attempt on the Board by trying to install shareholder reps onto it. It failed. The other Bob was their man.

They brought Iger back and he was the architect of this whole mess and the first thing he did was started to fire all his main opponents.

Other companies are trying to repair the damage they have caused but Disney is just that massive like you have pointed out that’s it’s a lot harder to cut out the rot.

Soldato
OP
Writers strike was never going to end well. Bring on the AI couldn't do any worse that lucasarts writing room

Soldato
OP
Most people on here are discussing the downfall of Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar due to it all becoming political.

I can't remember if I have posted this before in this thread or another, but I am a fan of Disney for their traditional fairytale/princess animations. This is another area where I think Disney are going wrong at the moment. It's not politicising of their fairytale stuff, just the sheer lack of this type of film. They did superbly during the decades that Walt was still alive e.g. Snow White. After a rough couple of decades, they came back in the 90s with more fairytale hits like Aladdin / Beauty / Lion King. Their next streak was the 2010s with Tiana / Rapunzel / Moana, Frozen I and II which ended in 2019. Now we haven't had a traditional princess flick since, and I would really like them to pick back up on that again. Instead Disney have largely ditched the Walt Disney company that they were and concentrating on Marvel and other live action instead. Encanto was looking promising but was a rarity of times late.

Give me animated swords and sorcery :D
It’s mostly the sheer contempt for the source material. There’s a reason most of these IP’s have last decades. Fans

Let’s take a beloved characters **** on them, make them drink sour milk out of a tit just because they have a penis.

These blue haired whales that’s covered in cats **** hate these IP’s and want to self insert them selfs at every moment they can.

They don’t have the talent to improve they can only destroy and when they fail let’s attack the hardcore fans that’s has the disposable incomes that’s made these IP’s what they are today.

Soldato
OP
Hiiii hooooo!

I bet Disney is looking up if they can do a BatGirl right aboit now lol.

Soldato
OP
Seems like the most self entitled and unlikeable actress Hollywood has churned out in years. Seems the complete opposite of Jenna O.

Wasn’t she forced to do like a damaged recovery video the other day? Playing the victim I believe.

Soldato
OP
Why hello there.

“Go woke go broke” is a thing

Disney now canning fully shot shows. They probably end up doing a Batgirl if the can’t sell this. I quite enjoyed the Spiderwick film that came out a few years ago even have the Blu-ray. The series must have been made by the blue haired crazy’s.

Seeing rumours that Snow self entitled bitch and the 7 not dwarfs is also delayed. Will it see the big screen?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not looking good for the house of mouse.

10 year low on stock price.

Extreme underperformance compared to the other S&P stocks. 15th worst currently.

“Disney, which now trades at its lowest level since 2014, has posted a 54.5% return over the last 10 years when accounting for dividend payments, compared to a median return of 187% for the 468 current S&P companies who were publicly traded for the entirety of the decade, according to FactSet data.”

Investors now taking them to court.

Soldato
OP
They had one job and failed.

Leia, Luke and Han on screen at once for one final time.

Instead we got Luke sucking a sour tit and a dead beat dad in Han.

That’s unforgivable.

The below article below is quite interesting. Some of the things put forward is already starting to happen. Selling off shows to other networks etc.

There parks have always been their bread and butter.

A snip
“Universal is looking to dethrone Disney as the king of theme parks soon, with Epic Universe set to open in Orlando sometime in 2025.
This massive expansion will act as Universal Orlando’s third theme park and will host some truly incredible new rides and attractions themed to some of the most recognizable brands on earth. EPic Universe will feature another installment of Universal’s incredibly popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter as well as a new version of SUPER NINTENDO WORLD, which was already present at Universal Studios Japan and UNniversal Studios Hollywood.”

Soldato
OP
To be fair Epic Universe sounds ******* awesome!!

While Disney getting involved in political issues, fighting with the state and ******* off paying customers, Universal seems to be giving them what they want.

Soldato
OP
lol they were pretty quick with the damage control. KK herself wades in. The Samba data is per household not view and they have a pretty large install base and partners with Disney. Just seen Mr H video stating when all data is in looks like it might get closed to Inhumans viewership in the US around 4milllion lol

It's dead jim

*A view is defined as total stream time divided by runtime available

Soldato
OP
looks at the leaked photos and the leaked Snowwhite script.

Yeah problem definitely ain’t woke.

I believe there is now 3 lawsuits against Disney around their streaming service.

This is now also breaking. This is going to get nasty. Can 100% bet they are trying to raise the prices for normal paid TV viewers. There has been an upstick in normal TV viewing and a downfall for all these streaming services.

Back
Top Bottom