Meet Toronto's crack-smoking alcoholic Mayor - Rob Ford

Soldato
I'm not sure how many of you have been following this story, but it really is a farce of historic proportions. Meet Rob Ford, elected Mayor of Toronto in 2010, on a platform of cutting public expenditure:

9qvczq.jpg

His term in office has been filled with so much scandal that it's almost hard to believe. If this were a comedy show, it would seem over the top. Still, he refuses to resign, and the city council does not have the power to remove him outright, leading to a farcical situation where he is now pretty much Mayor in name only. Let's have a quick look at some of his recent "gaffes" shall we?

* On May 17 a video emerged, showing him smoking crack. Yes, smoking crack. With his friend. As you do.

* After repeated denials, earlier this month he finally admitted that it was him on the video. Smoking crack. The best part of this story is his excuse: He was "in one of his drunken stupors". Classic.

* He also admitted to driving while drunk. Well, technically he says that he "might have". But he "can't really recall". His staffers, by the way, accuse him of driving while drunk AND on drugs. Frequently. Fun times!

* Last week he called a press conference to address rumours of sexual harassment against one of his staffers. In front of live TV, and with his wife beside him, he said that he "didn't want to eat her pussy", and that he has "more than enough to eat at home". His wife, unsurprisingly, looked mortified.

These are just a few highlights from his exploits these past few weeks. But he has a long history of gaffes and stunts from throughout his political career.

Yesterday, the Toronto city council voted to strip him of as many Mayoral powers as legally possible, slash his budget, and allow his staffers to transfer to the deputy Mayor's office. Mayor Ford responded by saying "You've just attacked Kuwait", and charging into an elderly female councillor at full speed, knocking her over. You really couldn't make this stuff up...

Despite all this, he still holds ambition to be Prime Minister some day. What do you think OcUK? Can this shining example of human dignity make it all the way to the top?

Rob Ford everybody: Making our politicians look like saints. Quite a feat indeed...

s2a6w3.jpg

ku-xlarge.gif

Last edited:
Caporegime
Everything I've seen about him is frankly hilarious. He's exactly the kind of political leader you need when you want all the attention on him and not on say war crimes being committed elsewhere. Once out of Canadian politics he should really think about becoming a US citizen and joining the tea party.

Though he also has a bit of a "starts his own cult, secretly eats the cult members" about him :p

Soldato
The press conference about not eating to eat her pussy?!?!!?

Ahahahahaaaa wtf is the guy on. Its hilarious in a toe curling "I can't believe he just said that" way.

Man of Honour
:D

I was going to work a Boris analogy into the OP, but I couldn't think how to phrase it. Reserved and statesman like... Awesome.

to totally misquote some topical news quiz i was half watching yesterday

"i'm not sure if Boris would be more or less terrifying if he were on crack, or if we'd even notice..."

I like the fact that Rob Ford claimed not to be an alcoholic, then went on to ace the AA's 'are you an alcoholic' quiz in just one sentence :D

Back
Top Bottom