1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mega convert

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by knowlesy, 18 May 2006.

1. knowlesy

Mobster

back in the day when i got my beast of a dell pc (omg) and then i just instantly had to rip all my music to my pc and ripped loads of my music to it and now im left with about 300 songs of wma files but i want to convert them all to mp3 then delete the wma and put them back in the place of where the wma was... is there any cool programmes out there that i can do this with ?

2. hp7909

Mobster

Adobe Audition, but that's like almost £300 :eek:

This brought up quite a few interesting ones.

Alternatively is the slow & dryly method of re-riping your music again - had to do it with mine :(

3. knowlesy

Mobster

=( nooooo thanks anyways dude

4. tom_e

Man of Honour

place them all in a play list then load the playlist in dbpoweramp and set it to delete original files sorted

5. grahamjenks

Hitman

Can you not use Itunes to convert all to mp3 - then just delete the wma ones - and set it to create the mp3 version where you want them.

6. Origin

Wise Guy

as said, dbpoweramp will do this, place all your files in one folder and select them, then chose your conversion and make sure the "delete source" is ticked and then it will replace each file with your new version.

7. Caged

Capodecina

Re-rip them. 300 tracks isn't that much, would only take a couple of days doing it casually.

Transcoding sounds crap.