Memory not listed on motherboard compatibility list.

Associate
Recently I've got a msi x570 motherboard gaming edge wifi and I've never been to particular about memory xmp having failed to get it to work in the past. I'm running it with a ryzen 5 5600x and 2 x 16
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...r4-memory-dual-kit-my-4cl-cs.html#description The problem being I can't get it to run any games at the listed 3600mhz with xmp on with it matching the listed timeings. Whilst it does boot fine and can very briefly run games when anything gets intense it just crashes. Googling around I came across a thread about checking the compatibility list with the memory " CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18 " and lo and behold its not listed on msi's website for the ryzen 5. What Should I do in this process ? is it a matter of waiting for a bios update I'm not really sure. Its not the end of the world if the memory doesn't run at that speed but I would like to know how to deal with it so I can stop ignoring it as a feature. I've only had these bits for 4 days so far. Not 100% sure what I think of the motherboard yet either I am having some usb related problems also.

Man of Honour
You're running 4x 16GB sticks, is that right? I would suggest you try 2933 and see if you can step up from there.

Back
Top Bottom