Men of Honour 2013?

Caporegime
Seem to recall Fox getting MoH for the reason you say nobody does.

Actual decent choices seem few and far between though, there are people who are helpful and polite who have rightly got the recognition they deserve, then there are people who seem to only have the title due to who they are friends with.

Soldato
i like the idea of valuable forum members getting these awards but when you see the posts of some of the planks who've been awarded previously i am left scratching my head thinking "what the **** did they do to deserve it?" :confused:
I've wondered that myself on a few occasions. Maybe the avatar changes them?

As for all the people suggesting Leon, I'd suggest that those who helped him would be more deserving. After all, he's just doing what any half-decent person would do.

Soldato
I've wondered that myself on a few occasions. Maybe the avatar changes them?

As for all the people suggesting Leon, I'd suggest that those who helped him would be more deserving. After all, he's just doing what any half-decent person would do.

Yes but a lot of us only gave money or gave advice/both he has done the best for his kids and fought through all the hell his ex gave him.

Soldato

I disagree, Leon comes across as a very genuine human being, an absolute gem of a guy. I loved his thread and was keen to support him, but that's entirely the point - it was about him, not us.

As far as I can see MoH is about the mods patting the members of the community on the back who have put that little bit extra into the community over the previous year or who have inspired the community like Leon did, that's why I support him for MoH, he brought many hairy chested men to tears with his thread but in the end it all worked out for him and his family, almost entirely because of him and his actions. :D Do we ask the mods to reward the likes of him or just people who post a lot? What other quality would you think deserving of a pat on the back?

Man of Honour
No doubt it's too late, but. Here's a suggestion that I haven't heard. And I'll put money on this person not even being considered by those that, er, consider.....

Spie!

Caporegime
It's not necessary in my opinion. Man of Honour status being granted to particularly helpful or superlative posters who may otherwise have gone unrecognised. People already recognise who Spie is so it would be largely wasted.

Back
Top Bottom