Mens clothing

Caporegime
It sounds like a fashion disaster but you can get ‘stretchy’ jeans that are much more comfortable if you’re struggling. Not as terrible as they sound.
Part of my issue with jeans tho is that they're just heavy. Dreadful when wet, poor weight to insulation ratio, and yeah... I don't look good in them :p Ban them, I say.

Soldato
I think its more about fidning stuff that fits you well rather than overall style, you can by branded stuff but none of it has sat well on my shoulders etc.

Man of Honour
It sounds like a fashion disaster but you can get ‘stretchy’ jeans that are much more comfortable if you’re struggling. Not as terrible as they sound.
The benefit of stretchy jeans is that you can also do high kicks and roundhouse kicks for when the yoof act up when walking down the street and dominence needs to be asserted :p

mDL8i4c.jpg

Years ago I'd only look at "designer" brands as that was a sign of quality and style. But that was back then. These days as long as it looks and feels nice, then just get whatever. So my wardrobe is a mix from boohooman, NEXT, Ted Baker, Moss Bros, GAP, M%S etc. Just get what suits you, and only you can decide what that means lol.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've still got a couple of pairs, for old times sake, but no, they're bloody uncomfortable! Maybe it's an age thing, as unfortunately things change as you get older.

I've never liked jeans. But used to follow the crowd. Only reason why I wore them

Caporegime
Also. Jeans only come in blue and black for guys really. Bored of that.

Adidas 365 golf. Shorts are. So light, it's like you're wearing nothing! And so many colours!

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to love jeans for comfort. Now wear a lot of shorts. Recently bought some tracksuit bottoms. Man they’re comfortable.
Karl Lagerfeld: "Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants." :p That said, I got some for slubbing round the house in recently. Wouldn't be seen dead in them outside though.

Personally looking smart is all about buying good quality clothes that fit well. You can look a million dollars in well-fitted jeans, smart white trainers and a well-cut tshirt. Go to a five star hotel and see who looks the richest in the lobby, it's the guys walking around in that - not the suits. And that's not a tech bro thing either.

It's all well and good buying some sports jackets (I did a couple of years ago for work events) but the reality is you also need some good brogues (black and brown) and a good selection of chinos too. And woollen looking sports jackets are not always the right style for an evening do, you need some shinier/velour (?) ones!

Question for the group - where the heck do you slim guys buy tshirts and shirts? :confused: I used to shop in H&M because their small fit me very well, now it's way too big. I tried on some shirts and they hang off the shoulders, they don't appear to do extra small anymore either. It's a real problem, M&S is the same. I'm 5'9 and weigh 65-67kg, right in the middle of healthy BMI (although most chubbers would call me skinny :rolleyes: ) but it's getting ridiculous finding tshirts and shirts that fit well. Uniqlo is my go to but I'm getting bored of their selection...

Man of Honour
I have several sports jackets and love them. But as time goes on I am wearing them a lot less and have replaced them with slightly more casual jackets such as a suede bomber or suede trucker jacket. Still smart but less formal.

Good shoes are a MUST. For trainers I wear plain white leather trainers, or plain black leather trainers with no visible logo. I also wear brown brogues when trying to be smarter and for a lot of the other times I will wear suede or leather chukka boots and Chelsea boots. Boots are where it is at.

I wear a fair number of Oxford cotton button down shirts, a few polo shirts and plain t-shirts. Good fit and the lac of a logo goes a long way.

For trousers I occasionally wear a dark plain wash jean in navy, black or grey with little to no distressing. Other times I wear a lot of various colour chinos.

If it gets cooler than a merino wool crew neck jumper over a t-shirt.

Keep colours similar or complimentary so that almost everything goes with everything else. This not only looks better but saves money as you can build different combinations that work together.

Caporegime
Do you guys wear your smart stuff causally? Or for work things, special occasions and the like?

Wasn't sure from OP and from replies.

I never wear smart things (what being discussed in this thread) unless I have to.

Back
Top Bottom