Mens clothing

Caporegime
Do you guys wear your smart stuff causally? Or for work things, special occasions and the like?

Wasn't sure from OP and from replies.

I never wear smart things (what being discussed in this thread) unless I have to.

I wouldn't wear my nice suits to, say, the park but I would wear my nice smart casual stuff to an interview (huge caveat: role, chance etc)

People get in their own heads too much about apparell and what should be worn when. If you're Poohouse, your $10k Armani suit isn't going to save you. If you're summa cum laude from a Good Place that might not also be enough.

If I had to give advice it would be: be the best in the room and someone else will work you colour palette and dress you (because you pay them to do this)

e: filter went hard no on SH

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wouldn't wear my nice suits to, say, the park but I would wear my nice smart casual stuff to an interview (huge caveat: role, chance etc)

People get in their own heads too much about apparell and what should be worn when. If you're Poohouse, your $10k Armani suit isn't going to save you. If you're summa cum laude from a Good Place that might not also be enough.

If I had to give advice it would be: be the best in the room and someone else will work you colour palette and dress you (because you pay them to do this)

e: filter went hard no on SH

My colour palette is wide.. But focused.
I won't allow red or navy. They nasty.
Pulled an old shirt out to wear for a meal.. And it had red on.

It was clash tastic with all my colours. What's a guy(?) to do?
Could I wear my yellow/teal/hot pink shoes? No. It looked wrong. It's going in the bin.

Pink/yellow/orange/teal/green. That's it.

Last edited:
Soldato

Maybe a coat if you're cold.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with jeans, black can still be smart. Maybe get some chinos in addition.

Can still go with casual shirts, tucked or untucked.

Get some nice shoes/boots.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you guys wear your smart stuff causally? Or for work things, special occasions and the like?

Wasn't sure from OP and from replies.

I never wear smart things (what being discussed in this thread) unless I have to.
As I'm older, and retired, I do wear smart clothes most of the time (chinos and the like) because otherwise it just looks like you've given up on life.

Associate
Charles Tyrwhitt
Hawes and Curtis
TM Lewin

I've made a thread about the staples (boxers, socks, t-shirts)

Now that winters on its way :cry: I don't think you can go wrong with a decent pair of dark jeans, casual shirt and jumper.

Where’s this thread at? Went ‘shopping’ today and didn’t find any boxers without garish nasty branding around tge waist band…

Soldato
Where’s this thread at? Went ‘shopping’ today and didn’t find any boxers without garish nasty branding around tge waist band…
My wife bought me JustWears and whilst they are some nonesense online brand BS, they are much better than TM Lewin/Gant/Calvin/Levis/Nike(Had to bin these).

Also I am getting fat.

Soldato
Blue chinos and shirt with buttons for smart these days.

Regular is cargo trousers or shorts depending on the season and a clean t-shirt.

Smart casual is cargo trousers and a t-shirt that’s been ironed.

Associate
Work: chinos, shirt, jumper (winter), prefer M&S for work chinos (Ultimate Chino is very comfortable indeed), TM Lewin for shirts (although haven't bought any since they went online only), M&S for jumpers
Home: either joggers + hoodie if staying in or chino + hoodie if popping out/having guests. Gant/Timberland/Reiss/M&S all have good value for money/comfortable chinos
Out: chinos + shirt if formal/jumper if less formal/t shirt if weather is warm

So chinos + [insert top of choice] !

Caporegime
As I'm older, and retired, I do wear smart clothes most of the time (chinos and the like) because otherwise it just looks like you've given up on life.

I'll wear what I want.. Screw the judgy people.

DSK1PQx.gif

Soldato
Skintight Jorts and a white T-Shirt that's a size too small sounds about right? :D

Serious reply: Officially ancient as I like M&S stuff now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom