Meshify C (2020) Fans

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm near the end of buying all the bits for my build. I've turned my attention to case fans now.

All my components are in my sig. My priority is for a quiet PC. I don't want to hear it. From what I have read, this isn't likely to get very hot, there'll be some light gaming and CAD use.

So - are the case fans any good? If not, should I strip them all out and replace? If so, what with?

Most of the components are black. I'd like to stick with this theme. I prefer no RGB too.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm near the end of buying all the bits for my build. I've turned my attention to case fans now.

All my components are in my sig. My priority is for a quiet PC. I don't want to hear it. From what I have read, this isn't likely to get very hot, there'll be some light gaming and CAD use.

So - are the case fans any good? If not, should I strip them all out and replace? If so, what with?

Most of the components are black. I'd like to stick with this theme. I prefer no RGB too.

Thanks in advance.

I had a Meshify C before - and the original case fans actually not all too bad and the mod that yields the biggest improvement is actually removing / replacing the front foam filter.

Soldato
OP
I had a Meshify C before - and the original case fans actually not all too bad and the mod that yields the biggest improvement is actually removing / replacing the front foam filter.

What did you replace it with?

I'm thinking about removing the stock case fans and having two BQ 140mm on front and one BQ 120 on the rear.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £34.05 (includes shipping: £4.66)​

Any thoughts on this? I know I'll have to play about with fan speeds to ensure positive pressure but I'll learn that later

Soldato
What did you replace it with?

I'm thinking about removing the stock case fans and having two BQ 140mm on front and one BQ 120 on the rear.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £34.05 (includes shipping: £4.66)

Any thoughts on this? I know I'll have to play about with fan speeds to ensure positive pressure but I'll learn that later

I found a big Demciflex filter (it was for a Corsair 760T IIRC), removed the magnetic border and just cut the mesh to size and sandwiches it back to the front mesh. Works perfectly.

Pure wings is fine, another choice is Artic P12. I use Noctua A12x25 as I’m a fan but I know it’s expensive.

maj

maj

Soldato
The ones the come with it are DC rather than PWM. Depends how much control you want to have. I use 2 x P12 140mm as intakes on mine and a F14 120mm as exhaust that I had spare but the fan blades are white.

Soldato
OP
Are they quiet? Noise levels are much more important to me than thermals. Can't imagine my components or my use of them causing any high temperatures.

Associate
Some DC fans are intolerably loud (for me at least) even at their lowest possible setting within bios which is usually about 50%.

Luckily Argus fan monitor will allow you to override even DC fans and safely set them at anything above 25% or so. I use 2 x loud Corsair AF 140s that came with my case, that tuned to 30% are just as silent as my other much better fans are at similar speeds. Stuck at 50% I'd have got rid of them so it's a big difference noise wise, I've set them to ramp up to 50% max for gaming but are silent at idle.

You could always keep your DC case fans and test the free Argus trial, though it cost $20 per year, I got a 3 year deal on offer for about $15, well worth it for me.

Soldato
OP
I have just placed the order for:

1 x Noctua NF-S12B redux (Exhaust)
2 x Noctua NF-P14s redux (Intake)

For £40 it seemed a good balance between quality and cost. This should make my build fairly quiet, one hopes.

Soldato
I have just placed the order for:

1 x Noctua NF-S12B redux (Exhaust)
2 x Noctua NF-P14s redux (Intake)

For £40 it seemed a good balance between quality and cost. This should make my build fairly quiet, one hopes.
How is the case for both noise and thermals with these fans please?

Soldato
OP
How is the case for both noise and thermals with these fans please?

PC sits a couple feet away, the fans are incredibly quiet and impressive. I can hear the air flowing slightly but it's a nice sound.

Temperatures are good, I have ran some benchmarks and it doesn't get too hot. As soon as the benchmarks are finished it cools right down.

Soldato
PC sits a couple feet away, the fans are incredibly quiet and impressive. I can hear the air flowing slightly but it's a nice sound.

Temperatures are good, I have ran some benchmarks and it doesn't get too hot. As soon as the benchmarks are finished it cools right down.
Thanks. I’ll look into getting some I think.

Soldato
OP
My only issue is the CPU temps get to around 81 degC during Cinebench with the Dark Rock Slim. I'd be tempted to try a different CPU cooler for the 5800X.

Back
Top Bottom