messages to contacts showing my old number

Soldato
Hi

Recently after sending some messages my friends are saying my number is showing up differently. I believe it is the number that i had when i originally switched to Virgin but i had my old number ported over. Tonight i have tried to set up a homepod and it is sending verification codes to the old number. Is there anyway to fix this?

Soldato
OP
You need to sign in to iCloud with the new number I believe and remove the old one from you account.

Tried it but no luck. Called support earlier who took me through account recovery which can take up to 3 days. So i have £319 device that i can’t us because of some strrange glitch with my phone number.

My normals been working fine since december until last week someone said a message i sent them had come from a different number( the number on the virgin sim from december).

Associate
Tried it but no luck. Called support earlier who took me through account recovery which can take up to 3 days. So i have £319 device that i can’t us because of some strrange glitch with my phone number.

My normals been working fine since december until last week someone said a message i sent them had come from a different number( the number on the virgin sim from december).

Can you look at your numbers/email addresses the messages are being sent from?

Soldato
OP
Can you look at your numbers/email addresses the messages are being sent from?

I asked my friend to send me the number. But without seeing the code that was sent to it for the verification all i can do is wait for accoubt recovery to complete. Its weird because in settings it shows my actual number, but somewhere apple has the original number stored also.

Associate
I asked my friend to send me the number. But without seeing the code that was sent to it for the verification all i can do is wait for accoubt recovery to complete. Its weird because in settings it shows my actual number, but somewhere apple has the original number stored also.

Just annoying it takes so long to sort, fingers crossed it will be fixed soon for you :)

Soldato
That shows my actual number , not the old one.

This can happen, rarely..
There’s a manual process to deregister the number but the old number needs to still work (which isn’t possible when you port a number)

Only way is through Apple support- are you sure the account is in account recovery though? It shouldn’t be needed to do a full account recovery for this issue? Unless things have changed since I worked there

Soldato
OP
This can happen, rarely..
There’s a manual process to deregister the number but the old number needs to still work (which isn’t possible when you port a number)

Only way is through Apple support- are you sure the account is in account recovery though? It shouldn’t be needed to do a full account recovery for this issue? Unless things have changed since I worked there

Thats what they suggested when i phoned yesterday. I got an email this morning recovery will complete 7am Monday.

Back
Top Bottom