Poll: Mexican Grand Prix 2019, Mexico City - Race 18/21

Rate the 2019 Mexican Grand Prix out of ten!

• Total voters
Soldato
This overhead https://i.imgur.com/akUWpZ5.gif shows Ham did nothing wrong in my opinion, no idea how Button and Di Resta can lay the blame at Hamilton.

Vettel has always been a dirty driver when it comes to wheel-to-wheel. He thinks he can bully his way through, just like Schumacher did. That's why Vettel is involved in so many incidents where he comes off badly and trashes his race. He still has not matured and understood (as Hamilton has) that in order to win a race you have to finish the race, and that means staying out of accidents as much as possible.

It is one of Hamilton's strengths that he seems to be able to avoid incidents and get to the end of a race better than other potential winners. Hamilton is always there to pounce, take advantage and maximise his points because he doesn't smash the car about like Vettel throwing his toys out of the pram.

Soldato
Crofty 'they'll have DRS the next lap' DRS was turned on 2 laps previous!
Corfty 'looks like Bottas tyres are fading, Vettle gained 0.3 in sector 1 there Martin' Vettle had DRS Bottas didn't

How does he keep his job.

I agree.

And that stupid Tire life icon is just as stupid.

Who picks the driver of the day?

Man of Honour
Associate
This overhead https://i.imgur.com/akUWpZ5.gif shows Ham did nothing wrong in my opinion, no idea how Button and Di Resta can lay the blame at Hamilton.

I saw this as Vettle squeezed Lewis onto the grass, lost a bit of momentum then Max got down the inside but ran a little deep and caused Lewis to put a wheel off the track causing a slide. If Max left a little more room Lewis would have still got back in front but would have then been slow off the corner so could have got him and most likely would have won... Or crashed with Vettle later on....

Man of Honour
I saw this as Vettle squeezed Lewis onto the grass, lost a bit of momentum then Max got down the inside but ran a little deep and caused Lewis to put a wheel off the track causing a slide. If Max left a little more room Lewis would have still got back in front but would have then been slow off the corner so could have got him and most likely would have won... Or crashed with Vettle later on....

In the same way that max crashed into Bottas, two corners before a huge drs zone.

Also, I love how every fan and team fall for Hamilton’s ‘my tyres are dead, they won’t last’ and contribute it to him whining. They never seem to cotton on :p. He then wins. It’s a decent strategy, I convinced they do it on purpose now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have no problems the early race battles at any point, just trying to race in my eyes.
Russian torpedo aside however.

5/10 as I said previously, another track where it’s hard for them to race properly throughout, so chunk taken for that.

Man of Honour
I gave that a 2/10. Boring as hell with hardly any overtaking. I really hope the 2021 rule changes actually work and livens things up although a lot of the tracks are **** poor for proper racing.

Vettel is still a dirty driver coming across from the opposite side of the track and forcing Hamilton off the track and having to lift just because he got a better start.

Idiot Verstappen is back again just as it seemed he had matured.

Soldato
https://www.planetf1.com/news/high-praise-for-hamilton-in-italian-press/

Funny that, I bet their desperate to get him in that Ferrari. In that Ferrari this year he would have won almost every race.

They struggle to hide their jealousy.

It's pretty amazing to have the Italian press praising the driver that is making their beloved Ferrari look like a bunch of clowns all through the season.

Hamilton has really matured in his time with Mercedes, which is why I rate him so much higher than Vettel. Vettel keeps making the same mistakes, but Hamilton gets better every time. Hamilton must be very self-critical, because he always seems to be asking himself, "how can I do that better than I did before?"

We've seen many times where Mercedes have pulled off some clever strategy, but it's a strategy that only works because they have Hamilton to do what other drivers can't, and a team backing him up that makes one mistake to every four mistakes of Ferrari.

Caporegime
Hamilton is class pure and simple, he says stuff that makes him sound like a 10 year old girl at times but nobody can question his racing ability. 10 years ago Hamilton probably wouldn't have got out of the way when Vettel ran him off the road at the start but he now has the maturity to see that the longer he's in the race unscathed the more his talent will shine.

I think yesterdays race wasn't so brilliant though, the hard tyres looked as though they could have gone the full race distance without losing too much time.

Soldato
It's pretty amazing to have the Italian press praising the driver that is making their beloved Ferrari look like a bunch of clowns all through the season.

Hamilton has really matured in his time with Mercedes, which is why I rate him so much higher than Vettel. Vettel keeps making the same mistakes, but Hamilton gets better every time. Hamilton must be very self-critical, because he always seems to be asking himself, "how can I do that better than I did before?"

We've seen many times where Mercedes have pulled off some clever strategy, but it's a strategy that only works because they have Hamilton to do what other drivers can't, and a team backing him up that makes one mistake to every four mistakes of Ferrari.

Could be looking to help woo him to the red team once his contract expires. I mean Mercedes can’t make the best car forever can they?? Maybe he can complete the job Alonso and Vettel started? Personally I can see him just staying at Mercedes. I mean he’s been with them from the start(inc McLaren Mercedes years) so why change?

Soldato
Could be looking to help woo him to the red team once his contract expires. I mean Mercedes can’t make the best car forever can they?? Maybe he can complete the job Alonso and Vettel started? Personally I can see him just staying at Mercedes. I mean he’s been with them from the start(inc McLaren Mercedes years) so why change?

I don't think he'll move to Ferrari. There's too much baggage involved in driving for Ferrari, and Hamilton needs to feel that the team is supporting him. Toto Wolff understands that the team has to keep Hamilton in the right headspace to get the best out of him, and that's not going to be the case at Ferrari. As long as Hamilton keeps getting a winning car and feels at home at Mercedes, he's going to stay.

Despite having a poor car for several years at McLaren, Hamilton only left when he felt stifled and pushed out the door by Ron Dennis ("I decide who drives the car and how much they get paid"), and even then, he went to people he knew at Mercedes. They didn't even have a winning car at the time.

Soldato
I don't think he'll move to Ferrari. There's too much baggage involved in driving for Ferrari, and Hamilton needs to feel that the team is supporting him. Toto Wolff understands that the team has to keep Hamilton in the right headspace to get the best out of him, and that's not going to be the case at Ferrari. As long as Hamilton keeps getting a winning car and feels at home at Mercedes, he's going to stay.

Despite having a poor car for several years at McLaren, Hamilton only left when he felt stifled and pushed out the door by Ron Dennis ("I decide who drives the car and how much they get paid"), and even then, he went to people he knew at Mercedes. They didn't even have a winning car at the time.

I would’ve stayed at McLaren purely for that offer he had of getting an F1 LM if he won three championships. :D:D (I think it was three??)

Back
Top Bottom