MGS4, worth getting?

Associate
I just bought a PS3 Slim with Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Killzone 2 for the pricely sum of £285 (inc. vat, postage etc)

Unfortunately, I missed out on playing MGS2/3 and I've heard many reports of MGS4 being an extremely confusing game to play even if you have played the prequels! I've also heard that the majority of the game is taken up by cutscenes. Can anyone tell me or make an educated guess as to whether it's worth me buying it at some stage given my circumstances?

I'm considering getting it because the only reason for me to get a PS3 was for it's exclusives (already have a good PC and 360) and they don't get much bigger than Metal Gear Solid.

Thanks guys and girls.

Associate
OP
I had only played MGS1 (watch a friend play MGS2 for a few hours once as well) but I didnt feel like I was missing much, if anything with the story in 4.

Gametrailers did a pretty good video retrospective of the series for the launch of 4 and is probably the easiest way to learn/understand basis of the stories for any of the games you missed.

Thanks for all the replies guys, sounding like I'll pick it up. Always loved the first game!

Mahn, I'll be sure to have a look for the gametrailers video too, sounds like it could be just the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom