Mice with smooth scroll wheels?

Associate
Hi,

My G502 is getting sticky buttons and now is a bit of a liability when gaming so it needs replaced.

The one feature I love is the smooth scrolling wheel on the nicer Logitech mice. I notice their lighter weight mice do not have this feature.

Do any other brands?

Thanks

Associate
As far as I know, no. The only other brand is Microsoft and that's on their cheaper mice.

The wheel on the G502 drives me mad because it has no grip but I haven't been able to find a good alternative. The 900 solves the problems of the 502 ( there is a G903 that includes weight tuning ) but 2 of the buttons on the 900 series are on the other side of the mouse and I am not sure about whether or not they would be easy to operate - or a real pain.

Soldato
Best mouse wheel I ever used was on a Roccat Kone Pure Military but it is getting on a bit now. I'm sure the new Kone Pure would have the same wheel design.

Edit - sorry misread your post it is not smooth but notched.

Soldato
I cant help with other brands as I only buy Logitech for work, my Performance MX has a lovely smooth scroll but can be put into click roller too.

Soldato
Think Logitech have the market cornered.

I have a 502 too but you have to manually set it to free wheel whereas my MX Master you can set it manually or set a threshold when depending on how hard you flick will automagically switch to free wheel.

Associate
Coming back on this, I had a go at replacing the wheel on a G502 with one from a G903, the end result was a far, far better mouse. The long standing issue with the G502 crappy wheel gone in an instant ( well, actually it took about ten minutes to replace ). You can buy 903 wheels on ebay for about £10. If you are a dab with a screwdriver ( you need a jewellers set of screwdrivers to do this. But it's literally a drop in replacement. ) then you could try pulling your 502 apart, giving the plastic top a good clean and replacing the wheel with the vastly superior 903 wheel. Just a thought....oh don't forget if you do that you need a new set of feet, they cost about £2 on ebay too.

Associate
I didn't realise that you can adjust the wheel on the G502. The free spinning was the only thing I disliked about the one I tried on display. Needless to say the 'sales assistant', whose opinion I didn't request, pointed out this negative and tried to sell me something else even though I wasn't actually shopping for anything :p.

Back
Top Bottom