1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Micron MotoGP Exhaust

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by sunama, Apr 11, 2009.

1. sunama

Capodecina

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a Honda CBR125, 2006 model. I've put down a deposit on it, however, I am having a rethink. Below is a picture of it:

[​IMG]

As can be seen, it has a Micron MotoGP exhaust.
    The MOT is due in May 2009. Will the Micron MotoGP exhaust pass the MOT?

If not, can I simply buy a stock Honda exhaust and replace the Micron or is it more complicated?

Thanks

2. Bigsy

Mobster

If it doesn't have 'Not for road use' printed on it and it isn't ridiculously loud then it will be fine.

3. DIABLO

Soldato

It will pass unless it is retardly loud or has 'Not for road use' printed on it as mentioned but you can always grind the writing off.

4. sunama

Capodecina

Ok.
    Thankyou gents.

5. St0rmer66

Mobster

Aside from the fact that it looks like a whales' penis, it should be fine.

6. FrostedNipple

PermaBanned

How much you getting it for? I've been tempted to get a cbt and a 125 for ages now. Just the cost seems a lot but i don't particularly want a 'slow' 125 lol (slow in ' because obviously all 125's are slow)

7. paddy

Wise Guy

You can just put a sticker over it, as far as I know the MOT tester cannot add or remove anything from your bike once it's checked in for the MOT, which includes removing stickers.

8. Skeeter

Caporegime

Agreed, looks ****.

9. sunama

Capodecina

£1200. (+ CBT cost, insurance, security equipment, MOT, road tax, helmet and clothing).

The exhaust doesnt bother me. I just want this bike for commuting. I'm not trying to look cool or anything.

I would much rather get a bog standard scooter, but I dont want to forget how to use gears, should I decide to go for my full bike test in a few months. Hence, a manual bike is the only way to go for me.

I dont understand the obsession people have with speed. This bike will get to 70mph without too much problem. Any faster and you will be breaking the national speed limit.

The only reason why I would want a more powerful bike is if I decide to carry luggage or a pillion passenger (ie. to deal with the extra weight).

I dont see the point in breaking speed limits, getting points on my license and paying unnecessary fines.

Perhaps there are other reasons for the extra power (apart from showing off), but I cant think of any.

10. Ghosteh

Mobster

You may feel different when you actually end up riding a 125 regularly. It's not just about top speed, acceleration comes into it too, and being able to get up to the NSL in a few seconds is awesome fun :D. I suppose it all comes down to whether or not you're a biker, or just someone who wants to commute.

11. digisatman

Wise Guy

you got it for a good price, cbr125's command a premium, especially at this time of the year.

12. PieEater

Mobster

The exhaust has a removeable baffle, it is road legal with the baffle in place and illegal with the baffle removed. I would make sure that you have the baffle either in your hand or in the exhaust (or the original exhaust) when you part with your money.

http://www.micronexhausts.com/the-collection-gp-sport.html

13. sunama

Capodecina

Initially, I intend to use it for commuting. However, this doesnt mean that I dont enjoy going fast.

What I don't understand is people racing to the next set of traffic lights, which are placed very close together, in London.

I would love to try bike racing, as I enjoy go-kart racing and racing simulations, but to do this sort of thing on London roads is pure madness and will almost certainly end in an accident, getting points on my license or a big fine. I don't see any upside.

I totally understand the concept of taking your bike to race track and pushing the bike to its limits - the thrill of faster lap times is addictive. ;)

14. Flukester

Man of Honour

its safer to ride something more powerful, less time exposed to traffic when overtaking for example...

overtaking a car traveling at 55mph on a 125 is gonna take a fair while, on a gxzxyzfbr1000 is gonna take about 1 second :)

mind you cant think of any more reasons lol, other than the fun / thrill / excitement factor, which is much less on a 125.. i think if you decide you like biking you will want a bigger one

15. Mucky_Pup

Mobster

Speaking of 125R's, anyone know if they come with immobilisers as standard?

16. Fireskull

Sgarrista

Highly unlikely

17. Mucky_Pup

Mobster

Doesn't matter anyways the insurance quote doesn't alter if you say it hasn't, lol.

18. Flukester

Man of Honour

19. sunama

Capodecina

honda cbr125r = no immobiliser.

You can buy and fit a £25 cyclone alarm which includes immobiliser.

20. digisatman

Wise Guy