Microprose is back!

Associate
EDNzqg-UEAARMRZ.jpg

Soldato
Loved their F1 game!
I remember being perhaps 14?

My brothers girlfriend was American and her parents came over with it for me. I think it was called World Circuit in the US

Epic.

Even more amazing when The Chain started playing and the garage doors came up.

Last edited:
Soldato
I loved Microprose back in the day. Remember the big boxes the games used to come in? :)

Many memories playing their games. They made so many different types of games too. It was the complete genre collection.

Associate
I loved Microprose back in the day. Remember the big boxes the games used to come in? :)

Indeed. I've been a casual PC gamer for over 20 years now, so a lot of the old games I have did come in those grand boxes; Civ, Pirates! Gold, etc. While I have all the CDs and manuals, the boxes themselves are long gone, thrown out as they take up too much space.

Pirates! came with a lovely 'aged' map of the Caribbean as well as the big thick manual.

Soldato
I miss manuals so much for games. Problem is there are no concerns so revolutionary they need explaining; a quick tutorial works.

Nothing I loved more than getting a game and reading the manual cover to cover, my friends couldn’t stand that the cartridge / disk wouldn’t even go in until I’d finished it :D

Caporegime
I'm not sure why this is exciting.

It's not the same Microprose you remember.

So it's just another company that has taken a previous company's name in a bid to ride on that previous company's successes.

Call me a cynic.

The brand was revived in 2007 when Interactive Game Group acquired it from Atari Interactive, formerly Infogrames. The MicroProse brand was licensed to the Legacy Engineering Group for consumer electronics. Cybergun owned the MicroProse brand from 2010 to 2018

Seems it's been passed around a fair bit, like Commodore, etc.

Caporegime
I wonder if they would give us the source code for st botf so the botf 2 fan game supremacy can use it. As doubt they will do anything with it.
It's just a brand name now. The various companies that have traded as MicroProse lately, won't even have access to the assets of the former MicroProse.

Just the brand name and rights to trade as MicroProse.

Soldato
Sea Power looks to effectively be "Janes Fleet Command 2" so I'm absolutely 100% getting this should that design pan out. I'm also interested in Task Force Admiral too after ditching Worlds of Warships even though they are different types of game.

Back
Top Bottom