Microsoft acquire Activision

Soldato
Oh Boy those leaks look bad. Supposedly there was documents talking about MS pulling elder scrolls 6 from PlayStation if they managed to acquire activision blizzard.

It is interesting to see the negative outlook MS has on its own game pass numbers.

Soldato
Great, i think it took about 3 days after the acquisition for some Bethesda games to go on GamePass. Lets see if we have some ABK games next week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very good news for us with a gamepass subscription. I know there is some carry on in the USA with the FTC trying again to block it but I think Microsoft can ignore them at this stage as they've already had an appeal rejected.

Soldato
Very good news for us with a gamepass subscription. I know there is some carry on in the USA with the FTC trying again to block it but I think Microsoft can ignore them at this stage as they've already had an appeal rejected.

This was my first thought as I woke up and saw the news story this morning!

Game pass must be being very successful for Microsoft

Soldato
So part of what got them over the line was to agree to a 10 year deal to keep COD on other platforms. What's to stop them just re-naming COD amd launching it as their exclusive meanwhile just re-skin COD and BLOPS each year alternatively until 2034?

Soldato
Because they don’t just have to abide by the letter of the contract but also the spirit. That’s how the legal system works in this country.

Soldato
So part of what got them over the line was to agree to a 10 year deal to keep COD on other platforms. What's to stop them just re-naming COD amd launching it as their exclusive meanwhile just re-skin COD and BLOPS each year alternatively until 2034?
Is an advantage having it on all platforms as PlayStation, Nintendo etc will have to provide dev kits and software for current and future hardware if they want the games to come to that platform. Quite handy when you are making a competing product ;)

Soldato
Whilst they could do this I don't think they will because CoD makes so much money on other platforms. Microsoft (and all businesses) love money. What CoD will do, when it launches for "free" on Gamepass day 1 will sway some people to come over to the Xbox platform to play it.

Soldato
Whilst they could do this I don't think they will because CoD makes so much money on other platforms. Microsoft (and all businesses) love money. What CoD will do, when it launches for "free" on Gamepass day 1 will sway some people to come over to the Xbox platform to play it.

They also said it will be released on Switch, assume they meant Switch 2, so that will be a few more million players.

Back
Top Bottom