Microsoft Teams

Soldato
Hmmm, I'm part of a project at work implemening Office 365 and not seen this mentioned before!

I'll bring this up in the next meeting.

Looks very similar to Slack (which is a good thing!)

Soldato
A quick search in the forum and it seems there isn't much discussion about Teams.

I have to use it for two different clients. In my experience it is mediocre. It loses points when you try to switch accounts to suit a different client. I'm having a right chew on at the moment and all I did was select my other account from the drop down.

Soldato
I use Teams for work and I hate it. When it decides to work it works well but its a ****** to get working. I just did a fresh os install and cannot get it to work now, will not sync outlook contacts, does not even give the option to sync them. Its also a problem if you have a office 365 sub for yourself and you want to use your work email in Teams. It ended up transerfining my office sub to my work email? I really hate it!

Soldato
I use Teams for work and I hate it. When it decides to work it works well but its a ****** to get working. I just did a fresh os install and cannot get it to work now, will not sync outlook contacts, does not even give the option to sync them. Its also a problem if you have a office 365 sub for yourself and you want to use your work email in Teams. It ended up transerfining my office sub to my work email? I really hate it!

Awful isn't it. My solution was to uninstall it and run two separate browser versions - Edge for one client. Chrome for another. If I win another order I might have to install Firefox or something!

Soldato
Awful isn't it. My solution was to uninstall it and run two separate browser versions - Edge for one client. Chrome for another. If I win another order I might have to install Firefox or something!
The online version will not work in Firefox for me, says its not supported:(

Soldato
Teams is used by pretty much every company my company deals with, we even use it with telephony addons via different methods. All our internal chat is on it, company meetings since WFH, internal phone calls, it works and does what we want it to do, we also manage multiple O365 customers and just use incognito for managing them, if I need to login to teams as someone else, Ijust select Sign out in the client and then sign in as someone else, no issues yet.

Don't use it for personal, so not had any issues in that respect.

Soldato
Teams is used by pretty much every company my company deals with, we even use it with telephony addons via different methods. All our internal chat is on it, company meetings since WFH, internal phone calls, it works and does what we want it to do, we also manage multiple O365 customers and just use incognito for managing them, if I need to login to teams as someone else, Ijust select Sign out in the client and then sign in as someone else, no issues yet.

Don't use it for personal, so not had any issues in that respect.

Well something is up. I try to switch account to one in the drop down (rather than sign out and sign in). I am prompted to enter password a few times. It loads forever and then fails. It screws about some more, opens a second window, winds me up, gets uninstalled and only used in a browser.

It's just so clunky and awful.

Soldato
I have been logged into Teams in my Chrome browser for a couple of hours this morning. I went to check on it just now and I am greeted with a "welcome" page. So I go through the process, finding my client to access the project we have already had chats and video calls on. Teams tells me I am not on their server. So I click on my own company as "org" and I don't have access to that either.

Teams is a joke.

Soldato
The only hate I have for Teams is how slow the scrolling back up is to find historical chats. It feels soo sluggish.

Agreed!!

Chat history was handled so much better in Skype for Business with the 'Conversation History' folder in Outlook which I could easily search. The search in Teams is pretty poor and scrolling back is a horrible experience.

There is still a folder in Outlook, but it's hidden. You can unhide it but it'll automatically hide itself again with a couple of minutes.

Soldato
I hate Teams a lot of the time, it's like a bad version of Discord.

I'll often find it pegs one of my laptop CPU cores to 100% usage for no reason after a meeting forcing me to close and re-open it.

Scrolling up in a chat will just start skipping back down again for no reason.

Doing an old search will sometimes find the chat item I want, but won't show me the chat near it.

Can't paste in text without formatting so I often have to first paste it into Notepad++ and then into copy/paste into Teams from there.

On a work level, I quite like MS Teams. It doubles up as our telephone with a logical geographic number and it doesn't matter where we are. The pandemic has nothing to do with this set-up as we ditched our physical handsets years ago. Before Teams it was Lync and before that was Skype. 80% of my work is in Outlook because we use it as our call logging software (as well as emails) and Teams integrates with it pretty well. Also, when the corporate network goes down, Outlook, the intranet pages and network drives go down too, but Teams carries on working regardless!

I'm not sure about multiple user accounts though as some users on here have reported issues.

On a home level though, I think Zoom is better for video calls but it doesn't have a chat facility. So I'm using Signal for chat, Zoom video with friends, and WhatsApp video with family.

Soldato
I'm not sure about multiple user accounts though as some users on here have reported issues.

The Windows and Mac clients will let you add a personal Teams account in addition to the Corporate account. I wish they would allow multiple Corporate accounts as my 'personal' account is as a result of my person 365 tenant so I can't have that account on my laptop. The iOS clients (not sure about Android) let you have multiple Corporate accounts.

On a home level though, I think Zoom is better for video calls but it doesn't have a chat facility. So I'm using Signal for chat, Zoom video with friends, and WhatsApp video with family.

Agreed. Using the same setup for Teams and Zoom it's quite clear that Zoom has better audio quality. It's also more user friendly for family members who aren't overly technical.

Soldato
Couldn't log in again this morning, I don't have access to my own company account now.

I'm sure the user experience could be cleaner and less frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom