Microsoft Teams

Permabanned
I have to disagree - do you use profiles in Edge? they are the equivalent of a separate browser, with their own pinned tabs, their own credentials
I quite happily sit with my work tabs open in one profile window, with my primary client's teams and tabs open in another profile window, and when I get a contact from the second client, I can open that profile (whilst still keeping the other two open as totally separate instances of Edge) and check Teams/Emails etc.
It is an absolute dream!

I wasn't aware profiles could be opened in tabs. I thought it just switches the whole browser window at least that's what it used to do! I'll have to try it out now.

Soldato
For some reason I can't "Leave org". The option comes up in the Settings menu, redirects me to a new tab, makes me log in again, then only shows my own "org" and no others. I return to the first tab with my chats where I am guest in a different client's organisation, to find the page redirect me to sign in. It then tells me I am no longer given access to this client (the one I want to stay with). Clear cache, cookies whatever and it sorts itself out.

I'm still unable to "Leave org", I've just been sent on a strange journey to waste a bit of time.

Teams really could be a lot simpler.

Soldato
I wasn't aware profiles could be opened in tabs. I thought it just switches the whole browser window at least that's what it used to do! I'll have to try it out now.

They can't. That's not what he said
No - if you want different profiles in tabs, then use Firefox with Containers. I find it easier in Edge as you can theme the whole window for a given profile, rather than add a colour to the edge of a tab indicating the profile

Soldato
Is anyone else getting the "Every. Single. Emoji." pop up every time they switch chat on Teams? It's getting in the way and I keep having to click "Got it" to get it out the way.

Soldato
We have just purchased Microsoft Office 365 Business. Is there a way to be able to stay logged into my own organisation (our company) and still chat to clients in their own organisations? Two of our clients have their own organisations and at the moment I have multiple Chrome browsers with logins to jump between them and I have to keep an eye on them in case I miss a message.

On a separate note, I have two organisations under my business name but can't leave the one that I don't use. Just to make it messy I didn't know what I was doing when I set everything up in the first place and I have the same login email address as an organisation login and a personal login.

Really keen on getting this cleaned up if possible.

Soldato
We have just purchased Microsoft Office 365 Business. Is there a way to be able to stay logged into my own organisation (our company) and still chat to clients in their own organisations? Two of our clients have their own organisations and at the moment I have multiple Chrome browsers with logins to jump between them and I have to keep an eye on them in case I miss a message.

Where is your user account in relation to the other tenants? I'm guessing you currently have a licensed account in the other orgs? Unless their org settings are set to deny it, you should be able to chat with their users from your newly created O365 Business account. Just start a chat to their email address.

There's a newly released beta of the Teams Windows app (released yesterday evening I think) that'll let you be logged into multiple orgs at once. The previous versions only allowed 1 work account to be active. So if you need to retain active accounts in the other orgs that might be an option.

On a separate note, I have two organisations under my business name but can't leave the one that I don't use. Just to make it messy I didn't know what I was doing when I set everything up in the first place and I have the same login email address as an organisation login and a personal login.

You can't leave your own org, so if you want to get rid of it completely you'll need to delete the tenancy. It might work if you remove the Teams licenses though, I've not tried. The one you want to remove, is that an org account or a personal account?

Soldato
Where is your user account in relation to the other tenants? I'm guessing you currently have a licensed account in the other orgs? Unless their org settings are set to deny it, you should be able to chat with their users from your newly created O365 Business account. Just start a chat to their email address.

There's a newly released beta of the Teams Windows app (released yesterday evening I think) that'll let you be logged into multiple orgs at once. The previous versions only allowed 1 work account to be active. So if you need to retain active accounts in the other orgs that might be an option.

You can't leave your own org, so if you want to get rid of it completely you'll need to delete the tenancy. It might work if you remove the Teams licenses though, I've not tried. The one you want to remove, is that an org account or a personal account?

Thanks for the response. My business email address is registered both as an organisation account and a personal account. How do I figure out which I am using for each program? I have just logged into the personal account and changed alias to a personal email, deleting the business email from it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom