Microsoft Visio on a Mac?

Soldato
Hi all, I'm trying to find a Microsoft Visio alternative on the Mac so I can switch my work laptop over to my MBP as I much prefer the OS and keyboard/touchpad arrangement for my working needs. Visio is the problem and I don't particularly want to go dual boot for one single program. Any alternatives or am I forced into dual boot?

Thanks,

Commissario
I was in the same situation a few years ago and although I found an alternative, it was rubbish. My needs were fairly straightforward, all I wanted was to draw a network diagram and it about managed it.
It was so bad that I can’t even remember what it was called, sorry.

Rather than dual boot, you could try running Visio in a VM. VirtualBox is free so you have nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Soldato
People with Macs at my company use Lucidchart as an alternative to Visio. They all seem to like it, although I suspect that that's because they have no choice. Personally I think the diagrams look amateur'ish compared to Visio.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m in the same boat, I use draw.io for creating network diagrams, has a nice app and all the templates you need. It’s free and feature rich.

Some of my colleagues just use PowerPoint.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I need the ability to draw floor plans, network layouts and then a completely customisable flow approach for a more visual SOP replacement.

I've seen Lucidchart and smart draw for paid alternatives so far but not seen a great review on either sadly. Might have to go down the VM route but its not what I wanted to do either to be fair.

Soldato
https://draw.io can do all of the above and it’s free, give it a try:

IMG_0058.JPG

Soldato
I do like Draw.IO it's a fairly good replacement, but sometimes you do just need to breakout the sheer immensity that is Visio. I use Parallels so that I don't have to Dual Boot, but you can also use VMWare Workstation as a VM platform maybe?

Back
Top Bottom