*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Don
Cheers for that @apatia77,Downloaded the "Create Installation media" :)

Does anyone know good "reputable" software that can show my Windows 10 key for me? and wont nick it? lol

The Media Creator Tool apparently checks it
he only other Microsoft program that is generally available that I know which will tell you your FULL key is the Media Creation Tool*, once it has been run, in the file:
C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther\ windlp.state.xml (which needs to be copied out of the folder to another location like desktop or documents, and it then should open in Internet Explorer, or another browser.)

In the following group of lines about 2/3rds of the way down the file you should find Product Key:

Code:
<LicenseStateFound>0</LicenseStateFound>
<PKeyLocation>8</PKeyLocation>
<ImageName>Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview</ImageName>
<ProductKey>VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T</ProductKey>
<EditionId>Professional</EditionId>
<SystemLanguage>en-GB</SystemLanguage>
<InstallChannel>Retail</InstallChannel>

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-u...-installed-windows-post366364.html#post366364

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Windows update just flashed up the PC check for me, but already know my 6700k isn't compatible.

Will have to wait, I was going to upgrade (5900X) however waiting for the Zen 3 3D cache to land first. Might as well make the jump then.

Soldato
Same here. Both initially failed on TM but once I turned TPM on in the BIOS the PC Heath Check was OK but Windows update still complains.
Is secure boot enabled?

I installed my TPM but noticed I still had to enable Secure Boot as it showed disabled under Windows 10 system info.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Decided to install it, I can always roll back if need be. I only play games on my PC and the main one I play works as did the MSI overlays etc. No issues so far and it feels fast and smooth to use.

Soldato
My surface pro now feels a bit like a MacBook but I quite like the new interface. I think I'll hold off upgrading my gaming desktop for now though - at least until I've seen reports from folks as to any impact it may have on games.

Back
Top Bottom