*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

V F

V F

Soldato
All I did was invert the colours and then change the black BG to a dark grey to match the dark theme. If I could do that in minutes then what in the solar system's arse have MS got as an excuse to not dark theme things like this?!

Back in 2003 - 2007 when Uxthemes/msstyles and WindowBlinds were at their peak, so many were asking for this stuff. Yet here we are today, still the same problems. Which sadly, mostly skinning/themeing died.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah memories, I had a custom msstyle back then and dabbled with WIndowBlinds too. Those were the times.

It's like on Android too, for years many of us ran rootless themes or even rooted theme engines but now that we have system wide dark mode, this is a thing of the past. It's a shame that a desktop OS that has been around far longer simply has not caught up. What's bizarre is that MS had a proper dark theme in Windows Mobile when the Lumia phones were a thing yet..... They neglected to put effort into desktop Windows :/

Man of Honour
I’ve gone back to Windows 10. Fewer game crashes and when it does crash I don’t get a really annoying sound bug when rejoining that only a restart seems to cure.

Soldato
Although not seen the issue in Office since going to Office 365 ages ago :p
Made the switch from Office 2019 to 365. Dragging is indeed much better. They still haven't mastered window resizing though.

I particularly enjoyed the fact that Edge blocks the OfficeSetup.exe download (code signed by Microsoft) because it might harm my device...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom