Mid Range AM5 motherboard B650/E recommendations

Associate
I'm looking into a bit of a PC rebuild from my current AM4 Ryzen 5800x. While i'm not opposed to Intel I thought I would go with AM5 as they will probably support it through next few CPU generations.

As the PC is for gaming, I wont likely need an X670, so was looking at the B650 or B650E. I have seen that the Gigabyte Aorus Master B650e is supposed to be a great board, I don't want to spend £400ish.

Main things i'm after are decent thermal performance and stability, and at least 3 M.2 SSD slots. Wont be overclocking.

Any recommendations from B650/E owners for decent motherboards for around £200ish? I'd go to £250 but that's the top end of what I want to spend, and would prefer to save the money for other parts of the build.

Cheers

Man of Honour
The easy option is the B650E-F, one of the cheapest boards with PCI-E 5.0 graphics, or the TUF B650-Plus if you're content with 1x PCI-E 5.0 SSD and PCI-E 4.0 graphics.

If you avoid the lower-end B650 boards (i.e. anything in this video *), the thermals should not be a problem.

Soldato
I got a ASUS B650E-E and it’s been fine so far. Had issues with the Intel nic but it’s working ok now, not tried the WIFI so don’t know what that is like. I don’t have any PCIe 5 stuff so not tried that.

Associate
OP
I got a ASUS B650E-E and it’s been fine so far. Had issues with the Intel nic but it’s working ok now, not tried the WIFI so don’t know what that is like. I don’t have any PCIe 5 stuff so not tried that.
Is that the ROG Strix B650E-E? I can see that’s available for a little over 250 or there is a B650E-F for around 220

Associate
Its: ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI. For me, it’s the most balanced option so should age well.
I'm running this board now after building my PC recently and although it's not the cheapest board out there it has some future proofing at least with its gen 5 Pci-e and gen 5 M.2 support.
I'm using the 4090 which is Pci-e gen 4 along with my 2 M.2 Nvme drives which are also gen 4.
I'm not sure what CPU's will be compatible in the future but hopefully a few down the line but my 7800x3d should suffice for a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom