Mid-Range PC for Gaming Purpose

Associate
I have been out of gaming for around 8 years and quit being a PC enthusiast because of work. Now when I occasionally sees a cool game promo my germs of gaming starts biting. Since I am out for so long, I really have no idea what's latest in the market, so basically I am back to being noob. Can someone suggest me a good mid-range gaming PC which can run most of the PC games with decent FPS and graphics?

Soldato
What's your budget?

Do you have any components that can be re-used - case (brand/model), HDD, etc

If you need a case - tower/midi/m-ATX?

Will you need a monitor and is so what res would you prefer?

If you don't need a monitor what res do you game at?

Associate
OP
What's your budget?

Do you have any components that can be re-used - case (brand/model), HDD, etc

If you need a case - tower/midi/m-ATX?

Will you need a monitor and is so what res would you prefer?

If you don't need a monitor what res do you game at?

My budget is around 800 to 1000 for a mid range. It doesn't have to be a high end.

I don't have any components for re-use as I am on laptop.

I think tower/mid should do fine.

I think 1080p 22" or 24" would do.

Associate
OP

This looks really appealing. I used to be on HDDs. Is using a SSDnow necessary? what about pen drive? I think I can stream down this list a bit. I was an Intel user. Is AMD Ryzen any better?

Associate
This looks really appealing. I used to be on HDDs. Is using a SSDnow necessary? what about pen drive? I think I can stream down this list a bit. I was an Intel user. Is AMD Ryzen any better?

An SSD won't give you any more FPS in games, but it will make using the computer pretty much everything else much much quicker and snappier, I wouldn't be without one, specially with your budget.

The USB pen drive contains your Windows install and license - by all means get a Windows key elsewhere if you want to and make your own install media (you can find keys cheaply but the legitimacy of some is questionable, but many use them with no problems).

At the moment AMD Ryzen offers more for the money than Intel's offerings, you're getting 6 cores and 12 threads with Ryzen 5 1600, compared to just 4 cores and 4 threads on a Core i5. Also all Ryzen CPUs can be overclocked compared to only the K SKUs with Intel, as well as generally cheaper motherboards.

Here is an updated list for you based on todays offers etc and assuming you get windows elsewhere:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,070.72
(includes shipping: £15.90)

Back
Top Bottom