Midjourney - AI art

Soldato
Finding a shroom head in the forest ;)

Gd7Urx7.jpg

Soldato
thought this was an interesting video -
so basically Midjourney doesn't have a 3d understanding of the world hence some of the bad 'perspectives' - well maybe musk is addressing that if FSD has stereo vision.

I haven't watched the video yet so maybe they mention it but Lighting, shadows and reflections are also items it can do poorly in .
Take the image below. Based on the position of the sun and the cars shadow, the sun shouldn't have a reflection on the rear wheel arch. Also the shadows aren't consistent.

Another thing for people to look out for when trying to tell if an image is AI generated, along with nonsensical detail when inspected closely.

I think you missed a bit.

3Q5wLgx.jpg

Soldato
Another thing for people to look out for when trying to tell if an image is AI generated, along with nonsensical detail when inspected closely.

I'd like to see examples of AI pictures which look like a photograph that might have been taken, with the imperfections that exist in real life;
(case in point the hands in the last supper were, off)

Pictures, like that which Derek just posted could be interesting, seed pictures, for architectural design, but the AI really needs to understand structural engineering

Soldato
thought this was an interesting video -
so basically Midjourney doesn't have a 3d understanding of the world hence some of the bad 'perspectives' - well maybe musk is addressing that if FSD has stereo vision.

Yup, i only recently began to understand this, AI has no 3D awareness at all. It's all 2D, and part of the reason why artifacts happen.

Soldato
Yup, i only recently began to understand this, AI has no 3D awareness at all. It's all 2D, and part of the reason why artifacts happen.

It'll come. You can bet various companies are already training models up with petabytes of 3D model data purloined from wherever they can scrape it from.

Soldato
Pictures, like that which Derek just posted could be interesting, seed pictures, for architectural design, but the AI really needs to understand structural engineering

Thats the reason that I'd be using the AI stuff. It is good from a design concept point of view rather than a proper finished design.

I've watched a few videos like the one above which deal with evolving a design using different AI tools. None of them are perfect by a long chalk but for conceptual stuff its a good start.

Below is an image i created using Midjourney rather than Bing Image Creator but the correlation between asking it to render 'elevations and floor plans' generates two unrelated items.

piUxFiR.png

Also i wouldn't necessarily question AI's understanding of structural engineering when current architects are producing buildings like this :-

SnbiXO5.jpg

MAD Architects

PZedeah.jpg

Zaha Hadid Architects

Soldato
That's one of the old Oculus home rooms isn't it?

I wouldn't know cos i don't know what you're meaning? :o

I used the prompt 'minimal modern architecture building set in monument valley with some low lying vegetation and rocks visible in the foreground low wide angled epic photo realistic image' and that was one of the four images created.

Soldato
It'll come. You can bet various companies are already training models up with petabytes of 3D model data purloined from wherever they can scrape it from.
unlike 2D Art, it is very Hard to get a hold of high quality 3D models for free. Free being the key point. 3D artist are protective of their 3D assets. So they very rarely upload them.

You can buy some 3D assets of varying quality but unless these companies are willing to spend 100s millions just to acquire training data they won’t have that much high quality stuff to work from.

And now they’ve seen what has happened to 2D artist, 3D artists who do sell models will be updating their T&C to say, not to be used for training data.

Back
Top Bottom