Midweek Football Thread

Caporegime
Four Nil to the Ar-se-nal, four niiiiil to the Ar-se-nal. :D

Good goal from Diaby, great play by Arshavin to set him up. I swear our supporters were just chanting 'Liverpool' lol!

Soldato
and the Torres chance and the Kuyt chance?

We've been excellent other than putting the ball in the net. Defensively we've been comfortable, Masch and Lucas have bossed the midfield and we've picked them off a few times going forward. A fit Torres and/or Gerrard and this game would have been over, hopefully we don't regret those missed chances.

I think to suggest that Liverpool have been excellent other than scoring is stretching it a bit far really. In the middle of the field, I grant you Liverpool have looked comfortable. However Lyon have not closed Liverpool down. When you get to the business end of the pitch(final 3rd) I think you have lacked a lot of creativity and ideas.

Soldato
Just out if curiosity, has anyone seen Vermaelen make a defensive mistake?

All Arsenal need now is to buy Akinfeyev, I have bought him on FM09 a thousand times! lol

Soldato
Someone please tell me I'm crazy and say it's impossible to concede two goals in the last 5 and a half minutes?

Tummy, I'm sure red side of Merseyside will be saying that on talksport and the like tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom