Might have to put hand in pocket

Associate
Young lads pc decided to spit the dummy out so was thinking, if I cannot fix it it might be time for an upgrade. Problem is, with age, working, family etc I am so out of touch with modern components. I have the drives, PSU and DDR4 coming out of my ears, so looking suggestions for a fairly good system, mobo, CPU and graphics card. Would I be better going to DDR5 at this stage?

Budget around 6-800. Doesnt need to be able to play at ultimate detail or 4K. Just a wee system that will handle most of the recent stuff.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Soldato
put a wanted post in the marketplace, and I'll post back with exactly the kind o' thing you need for a lot less, or maybe today I will finally post up all my bits that I have for sale, I can't really talk about it outside of the marketplace, so yeah, please do make a wanted post there
mickyfinn's build looks awesome though, and would visually look fantastic, that's a really good build for £761
I think he might have neglected to say that you need to use your own ddr4,which we know you have already

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks everyone for coming back to me. Like the look of mickyflinn's post and could even save a bit as I have a decent case and plenty of SSD drives. Although it would be a bit miserable not to go the M2 route

Associate
OP
put a wanted post in the marketplace, and I'll post back with exactly the kind o' thing you need for a lot less, or maybe today I will finally post up all my bits that I have for sale, I can't really talk about it outside of the marketplace, so yeah, please do make a wanted post there
mickyfinn's build looks awesome though, and would visually look fantastic, that's a really good build for £761
I think he might have neglected to say that you need to use your own ddr4,which we know you have already
I have a wee post in wanted for a motherboard. Feel free to jump on it with a reply

Back
Top Bottom