Migrating Internet and digital phine line to separate providers

Associate
Hi folks, aplologies if posting in the wrong forum.

Currently with Zen for the 80/20 FTTC (which may now be SOGEA) and also have Zen Digital voice included in the package.

We have Full fibre (FTTH/P) coming soon to the area and may want to switch to a new provider.

If I wanted to move our phone number to a separate VOIP provider (eg AAISP) and the broadband to a different ISP, should I move the number first and then when transferred switch the broadband to the new ISP?

Or is it safe to do both at the same time? I had read that porting a digital voice line/number could cancel the combined broadband as well.

If and when I leave Zen, I want a VOIP service that is line only and PAYG calls.

So far all FTTP/ FTTH ISP's that also offer a digital voice line charge for inclusive calls package as well, so having the phone line with AAISP seems to make sense. Then I assume I can move ISP as and when I want without affecting the VOIP line.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
You probably just need to orchestrate it with the current provider when you’re ready to switch. If you did it too soon you could end up with no internet if they took it as a cancellation as you mentioned

Since the replacement service will be fibre you can have it installed without it affecting the current service so if you trust the install date once you have one you could just arrange the number port around that

Get the fttp installed and working then port the phone number to AA and cancel the fttc.
You double pay for a brief period but no interruption of internet
I’d do this particularly if fussed about keeping your phone number. Then once you have them separated future broadband supplier changes shouldn’t have any effect on the phone service.

Is the landline a must?

It is not required for FTTP and only makes you pay more money out.

Most people mobiles are better option.

You will need to wait and see which providers are available once FTTP is running in the area.

We want to keep the landline as everyone in the home is on the same mobile network so want an alternative phone of mobile goes off.

Back
Top Bottom