Minecraft Problems...

Soldato
OK, So I have MC (Hence title).

I have the borderlands looking texture pack installed. Problem is, the game runs out of memory every 2 minutes, its unplayable. Tried with and without the pack. Re-installed and re-downloaded the game, its the same. I have written (copied) a .bat file to make the game use 1Gb RAM, still does the same :mad: really ******* me off now..

Any ideas genius's?

Soldato
OP
If you're using a .bat file to enable access to more ram then you're going about things the right way. It might we worth upgrading to Java x64 though.

If not just fire up internet explorer in 64bit and just install Java as per.

Thanks Kainz and Pete. Downloaded 64Java from there site, removed my old Java. Will try using it now.

Associate
May as well post in this thread rather than create another. I have a similar issue whereby I will be on the game anywhere from 30seconds to 5minutes and eventually it will start to freeze for a good 3 seconds then play and then freeze again to the point where it basically locks up. Sometimes as mentioned in many other threads. I get the 'Minecraft has ran out of memory' issue.

Is this a memory problem or is it BETA 1.8.1? This never happened before hand you see.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Soldato
May as well post in this thread rather than create another. I have a similar issue whereby I will be on the game anywhere from 30seconds to 5minutes and eventually it will start to freeze for a good 3 seconds then play and then freeze again to the point where it basically locks up. Sometimes as mentioned in many other threads. I get the 'Minecraft has ran out of memory' issue.

Is this a memory problem or is it BETA 1.8.1? This never happened before hand you see.

Installed Java 64bit? :p

Klo

Klo

Soldato

Again, I'd try upgrading to the 64bit version of Java (presuming you have a 64bit operating system).

Soldato
Understand that 1.8.1 and most likely above do eat up significantly more RAM/CPU cycles than previous versions - well on the server side this is true and I'd assume client side it's the same.

Hell the OTT 512x texture pack I use means that MC uses just over 9GB of ram on my rig - 64bit OS + Java 64 is a must.

Back
Top Bottom