Mini Cooper S

Don
I would seriously reconsider, especially if you are still a student!

What you dont want to have to do is service it yourself because you cant afford the BMW servicing price tag, and that will knock a huge chunk out of your ability to sell it again!

I'm thinking 26mpg is probably a mixture of both town & motorway driving, i would expect it to drop considerbly lower than that in towns.

Go for a Cooper, not a cooper S... More affordable on a student budget!

Caporegime
cymatty said:
Nah next year i am hopefully looking at a jcw mini 210bhp. :cool:

Youve just scrubbed the normal mini cooper off your list cause it uses to much fuel? :confused: How is the JCW gonna be any better ;)

Soldato
Firestar_3x said:
My mx gets about the same :(

Do use optimax or something? As I get about 250 miles to £30 of normal unleaded. (Not looked at it recently though, must have dropped a bit since the price went up).

I obviously drive far too sensibly, I must try harder! :o

Associate
ci_newman said:
I would seriously reconsider, especially if you are still a student!

I agree, being student is a chance to have fun...drinking, sh*ging etc. you must be mad to be worried about running such an expensive car, you will hvew plenty of time for that once you get a job and join the real world.

for now take advantage of what you have got before its too late ;)

Caporegime
MonkeyMan said:
Do use optimax or something? As I get about 250 miles to £30 of normal unleaded. (Not looked at it recently though, must have dropped a bit since the price went up).

I obviously drive far too sensibly, I must try harder! :o

Nah, Just normal and Opti to flush out the system every now and again, you seen the latest vid i posted, mine gets driven like that car most of the time....

Think i might have a dodgy O2 sensor though causing richer running.

BTW fun starts at 4.5k right up to 7.5 ;)

Caporegime
dilated said:
I agree, being student is a chance to have fun...drinking, sh*ging etc. you must be mad to be worried about running such an expensive car, you will hvew plenty of time for that once you get a job and join the real world.

for now take advantage of what you have got before its too late ;)

Quoted for truth

Soldato
I got myself a Cooper S about 6 months ago and I love it, but it is a thirsty car. I'm not driving it like I stole it anymore but still only get 27-28mpg on average.

My advice would be to wait until you can afford it more comfortably. Also the prices should drop soon with the release of the new model so probably worth holding out at least a few more months.

Back
Top Bottom