Mini ITX Build

Associate
OP
Ok good progress so far and I havent lost anything, so far ive fitted the SSD to the back of the graphics card mount as well as the hard drive and power supply to their own mount.
Case looks amazing and it comes with a silverstone sticker badge im going to leave off.
BVsRNZn.jpg

Interior shot
RKTMH50.jpg

Screwed in SSD, it looks lonely next to that empty space.
p0n01JA.jpg

And finally a picture of the PSU assembly (and apparently a bit of a cat)
ugG3Rno.jpg

More to come soon, getting to the good stuff now :)

Associate
OP
More Pictures :D

Beautiful lil motherboard
EYVVxBl.jpg

And a beautiful lil heatsink
LSQ5u72.jpg

Everything together (cpu is in there :p)
UIa8UMx.jpg

And noticed something on my memory
ecirMI5.jpg

So its all together in terms of the motherboard! now we need to assemble and hope nothing is dead :) for now its all in the anti static bag while I work. Heatsink was a lil tricky but the mounting system is incredibly simple and I'm happy with how well the fan cable is hidden.

Associate
OP
Update again :D case came with no fans so I added the 2 I took out of my old case.

Graphics card fitted on mount
SxZaNsW.jpg

Motherboard in and IO attached
7utEziI.jpg

All together :D
7V9O71J.jpg

Next to its little big brother
q04jqDi.jpg

AND IT LIVES
CYXeYoJ.jpg

Current issues:
A wire is hitting the cpu area case fan (thankfully not the graphics card)
I need to make the OS install usb drive

Associate
OP
Ahh I sorted it with good ol' electrical tape, was the wire of the fan on the case panel. I'm just struggling to make this bootable usb at the moment, the windows usb creator tool is saying the iso i got from the disc is invalid.

Associate
OP
Oh brilliant I forgot about rufus. Thankya kindly :)
edit: and im downloading the iso just in case mine doesnt work, just waiting on a format.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hello again! The lil thing is amazing! CPU temp a comfortable under 35C at idle, GPU temp even better around 30 idle :D.
I dont know what else you'd want to see but I'm seriously impressed by mini ITX and especially that tiny Noctua cooler. Thanks again guys for the help in the beginning and I cant wait for a 600W SFX PSU :).

I'm still in a flood of windows updates and other driver stuff.
Any pictures/info you'd be interested in seeing that I can get reasonably?

Art

Art

Associate
Hello again! The lil thing is amazing! CPU temp a comfortable under 35C at idle

Out of curiosity, what does it hit under load? I was thinking about one of the slightly larger low profile Noctuas for a 4670/4690K but wasn't sure how well it would hold up.

Soldato
Any particular way I can test this for you?

Glad it's all up and running...very jealous of you right now:p, I'm still 2-3 wks away from ordering mine.:(

Stress test it with something like 'LinX 0.6.5'....this will push the CPU & Memory as hard as it is possible to.

Not even the most punishing game will push the CPU as far as 'LinX'.

Last edited:

Art

Art

Associate
Any particular way I can test this for you? not been big on testing but should I just play a beefy game for a lil while?

Ah don't go out of your way for it, but the next time you're gaming on it take a glance at the temps. I'm just curious really.

Associate
OP
Hey just did a run of LinX on default settings because I don't really know what I'm doing with it, here are the results and the max temperature reached.
7kPbzHO.jpg.png
And thanks again Cooper, looking forward to seeing your build and how you manage the cabling :)

Soldato
Those are damn good temps for such a small case and cooler....remember, that's basically a worst case scenario and as hot as the CPU would ever get at 3.8Ghz.

In gaming, I can't see it going over 70c.

I'd say, if you don't need to raise the volts to get it stable, you'd be able to run your 4670K at 4Ghz without any issues, temperature wise at least.

..it's going to be a long 3wks :(

Associate
OP
Yep that cooler is amazing, I'll definitely need to look into overclocking guides at some point. Dont want to start a fire where a PC used to be :p
I can imagine the wait is painful but hang in there :) its my favorite PC of my bunch and I'm certainly gonna stick with this case and form factor for a long time.

EDIT: the motherboard includes MSI's OC Genie, I may push the button and report back what magic it does. I assume it would stay within reasonable limits with respect to the PSU capability, what bad is gonna happen if the PSU cannot deliver enough?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom