Minority Conservative Government 2017 - ?

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I believe at the past 3 elections left wing parties in total had more votes but because they are split we have always ended up with the tories

2015 it was just about a right wing victory (36.8% Cons, 12.6% UKIP, 0.6% DUP, UUP 0.4% for a total of 50.4%)

Soldato
DUP Stormont minister Jim Wells doesn't like the members of the national trust partaking in the Belfast Pride festival.
Jim is cancelling his sponsorship for their charity.
Comment by a political rival.

Jim Wells - Pride and Prejudice

As the dust settles on the Belfast Pride parade 2017 Jim Wells has today tweeted that he has resigned from the National Trust "a...nd will now support other charities." This follows the National Trust's participation in the procession.
It is another example of that mixture of ignorance and childishness that we've all come to expect from our former Health Minister.
Withdrawing your support for organisations on the basis of members carrying a banner at Pride in Belfast, or elsewhere, is bound to throw up a dilemma or two.
For example Jim would no longer be able to do the weekly shop at Tescos, Sainsburys or Asda. He couldn't possibly support the Police, Fire Service or Ambulance Service after they paraded down a proud Royal Avenue this afternoon baked in sunshine and awash with people and colour.
If any of his wages are resting in a Barclays or Ulster Bank account they would have course have to be withdrawn on Monday morning.
ITV and Q Radio are on the naughty list. Might have to think twice about doing an interview with them again.
Any 02 or Vodafone contracts will have to be cancelled. BT too? There goes the landline.
Queens took part in Pride today. Jim might feel the need to remove reference to his Alma Mater on his Facebook account. Heck he'd better delete that social media account altogether given that Zuckerberg's baby sponsors Pride events around the world.
Microsoft gives money to New York Pride so the Assembly computers will have to be returned to the fourth floor of Parliament Buildings for decommissioning.
If Jim is going to boycott all organisations and companies using the same criteria he has used for the National Trust he will not be able to use social media outlets, most mainstream phone companies and computer operating systems.

Therefore I wish him well in his homophobic crusade. If he sticks to his principles we might not have to listen to any more of this nonsense.
Once Jim's views were mainstream and Pride was a periphery event. Now Jim is on the periphery and Pride is mainstream. And the world is a better place because of it.

I for one will be very interested to see if Jim follows through and stops supporting the other organisations who actively pay for pride.
This is what the conservatives are in bed with.

Unfortunately Jim has previously stated other homophobic views.

DUP Health Minister Jim Wells has apologised for comments made in Downpatrick in which he allegedly said that children raised by gay parents were "far more likely" to be abused or neglected.
Speaking at South Down election hustings hosted by the Down Recorder on Thursday Mr Wells reportedly said: "The facts show that certainly you don't bring a child up in a homosexual relationship ... that child is far more likely to be abused or neglected ... in a non-stable marriage."

Jim probably won't be at Pride next year either.

Soldato
DUP Stormont minister Jim Wells doesn't like the members of the national trust partaking in the Belfast Pride festival.
Jim is cancelling his sponsorship for their charity.
Comment by a political rival.

I for one will be very interested to see if Jim follows through and stops supporting the other organisations who actively pay for pride.
This is what the conservatives are in bed with.

Unfortunately Jim has previously stated other homophobic views.

Jim probably won't be at Pride next year either.
And these are the sort of people propping Mays government up...

Caporegime
since this is in GD rather than SC I figured I might as well throw in this pic of David Cameron and a Corbyn supporter at wilderness festival:

ydD7gBr.jpg

:D

Caporegime
In fairness, what on Earth are the National Trust spending money on pride marches for?

That isn't in any way the mandate of their organisation. It's not homophobic to say that. I also wouldn't expect the National Trust to start funding India's space programme.

The NT keep saying how they need donations and new members to conserve buildings and tracts of land... then they spend it on totally unrelated stuff? Doesn't matter that it's Pride; could be anything. Seems like these charities are taking liberties with the money they collect, for non-core competency projects.

Caporegime
Caporegime
So are you going to bother debating the issue or just put your fingers in your ears? Please respond to my point?

Well it seems to be a false premise, the government aren't expecting the EU will allow the same rights as being in the single market. Though as already pointed out, this isn't the Brexit thread... there is a very active thread, already linked to, consisting mostly of people moaning about every possible news article they can find when really there isn't a whole lot of tangible new events to discuss - so much so that it is now over 1000 pages!

Back
Top Bottom